News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Warhammer Total War

Started by Thanquol, May 26, 2020, 04:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thanquol

I know CA is making a Troy game, but I doubt we're ever going to see anything like Rome or Medieval, or at least not for a while. Currently, Warhammer is the breadwinner, and due it's success, they are most likely going to move on to another fantasy setting after the trilogy has been completed.

Thanquol

The cinematic trailer for Warhammer 3 just got released, as well as info about it. The trailer featured Kislev and Daemons of Chaos. Not only that, it also had a big surprise at the end: Cathay is going to be one of the factions!

Tungro

I hope CA focus' more on their historical titles after this

Thanquol

Quote from: Tungro on February 09, 2021, 02:30:45 PM
I hope CA focus' more on their historical titles after this
If CA decides to make a historical game, it's not going to happen for a while. Warhammer 3 is going to have a dlc cycle that'll last for a few years. That, and CA might be making more games like Three Kingdoms.

Tungro

DLC's would be made by the same team, CA has multiple ones. According to the release pattern they've been following, (fantasy, saga, historical, ect) we're due for one soon. Melkor has talked a bit about it recently and made some interesting points, some pretty solid theories out there

Lady Ashenwyte

Really fun game. Been playing a lot of it, super fun. Mortal Empires is incredibly enjoyable.

I'm looking forward to how they show the End Times units. Things like Morghast Archai and Harbingers would be fun.

@Kolman How did you defeat Snikch?

@Tungro Trailer for Total War: ROME REMASTERED came out. It will be released on the 29th of April this year.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Thanquol

Quote from: Lady Ashenwyte on March 25, 2021, 03:16:45 PM
Really fun game. Been playing a lot of it, super fun. Mortal Empires is incredibly enjoyable.

I'm looking forward to how they show the End Times units. Things like Morghast Archai and Harbingers would be fun.

I can definitely see stuff like Morghasts getting added in. They'll probably be introduced with a Nagash dlc. Speaking of Undead, Vampire Counts might be getting Neferata soon.

A unit I kind of want to see in the 3 is Stormfieds. Though it's probably not likely since Skaven already have one of the best rosters, which is only going to get better when we get Thanquol and the Verminlords.

Tungro

Quote from: Lady Ashenwyte on March 25, 2021, 03:23:58 PM
@Tungro Trailer for Total War: ROME REMASTERED came out. It will be released on the 29th of April this year.
@Lady Ashenwyte I have actually already pre-ordered it XD
I watched Melkor's live stream and it looks completely phenomenal, so many new features but still the same good ol' total war. I am very excited to play it, it also gives me high hopes on future historical titles

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Thanquol on March 25, 2021, 04:24:00 PM
Quote from: Lady Ashenwyte on March 25, 2021, 03:16:45 PM

I can definitely see stuff like Morghasts getting added in. They'll probably be introduced with a Nagash dlc. Speaking of Undead, Vampire Counts might be getting Neferata soon.

A unit I kind of want to see in the 3 is Stormfieds. Though it's probably not likely since Skaven already have one of the best rosters, which is only going to get better when we get Thanquol and the Verminlords.

I doubt they'll leave Stormfiends out since they're such a distinctive unit, will be nice to see them on the screen!

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Kolman

@Lady Ashenwyte

in my knights of Caledor playthrough I focused on Snickitch. this was pre the greenskins update so Grimgor didn't come down to ruin my day, and the Dawi reigned supreme in the worlds edge moutain

On a Dawi playthrough Snickitch was no end of trouble for me
I had to sacrifice 8 armies to grind him down
For those we cherish we die in glory.