0 (0%)
The Legend of the Guardians
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: July 21, 2011, 02:01:26 PM

martins#1fan

The Best Series and Trilogies.
Just pick your favorite!  ;D
And please, Let me know about any books or Series.
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

The Lady Shael

martins#1fan, please post non-Redwall series-related items in Off-Topic discussion.
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

martins#1fan

Quote from: The Lady Shael on July 07, 2011, 02:07:27 PM
martins#1fan, please post non-Redwall series-related items in Off-Topic discussion.
Okay I'm sorry I had no idea. Ill remember to do that next time.

Dawnwing

Warriors
(a series about feral cats by Erin Hunter - I'm quite well known on the official and largest fan forums of that series)

"Legend of the Guardians" is only the name of the movie - the book series is Guardians of Ga'Hoole.  ;)

And how many votes do we get here? It doesn't say, but three would be nice. :)

DanielofRedwall

If your talking about the LOTG books, the books are called Guardians of Ga'Hoole, the movie changed the name. Just letting you know!

____
Edit by me:
Just realised somebody else had put that up. Oh well!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Icefire

Too many good ones to choose...unless we get multiple votes! I mean, Guardians of Ga'Hoole is cool, LOTR is Awesome, Chronicles of Narnia is an all time favorite of mine, and Redwall...would I be here if I didn't think it were AWESOME! I can't decide!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Gonff

Too many choices, how am I supposed to decide?
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Osu

Redwall, hands down. Though I really liked the Chrestomanci series by Dianna Wynne Jones, too.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Trigoma

aw starwars wusnt on there xD it is actually a book serise u know...never read it though
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Redwall Musician

I voted for Redwall. But I also like Narnia. And Winnie-the-Pooh!
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

daskar666

Personally I prefer Redwall to LOTR because it usually has a more complex plot (and of course it's a long series although the stories are separate) and it's MUCH more fast paced (the beginning and end of LOTR were a pain in the (censored word) and I didn't even read the appendices). Harry Potter is a good series but I now dislike it simply because Prisoner of Azkaban has time travel in it, which is a completely illogical and nonsensical concept, and gave the end of the book numerous contradictions. Yes, I have OCD. Started reading Narnia in 5th grade, got bored after a day. I'll give it another try sometime in the future. Read Wind in the Willows sometime when I was 5 or 6, so I don't remember anything from it other than the fact that the rat was  GOOD GUY and the Toad was a rogue who always got in trouble. Also I didn't read the last couple books.
I liked the Percy Jackson series tho, despite the fact that it also has contradictions (how could the earth in the 21st century have a stone roof when 50 years earlier people walked on the moon?), however these flaws can be easily resolved unlike time travel. I'm going to reread the original Percy Jackson series after finishing Redwall and then start the Kane Chronicles and the 2nd Camp Half-Blood series (written by the same author).

Lily

My vote goes to Redwall, obviously, but I do love The Wind in the Willows too. Another favourite series of mine is The Obernewtyn Chronicles by Isobelle Carmody, but I don't expect any non-Australians to have heard of them. They're well worth a read, though!

martins#1fan

I don't think this poll is perm. I'll make another one.

Captain Tammo

Can you add the hunger games? If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

James Gryphon

In order of literary impact, or quality, or personal preference?

In personal preference:

1. The Chronicles of Narnia
2. The Wind in the Willows
3. Redwall
4. The Hobbit
5. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
6. The Lord of the Rings
7. The Adventures of Huck Finn
8. The Pilgrim's Progress

The others are ones I haven't read (either ever, or in a long while), and so can't fairly rate.
« Subject to editing »