News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Round 4 Danflorreguba (Danflower) vs. Rainshadow (Lonna Bowstripe)

Started by BrookSkimmer, November 07, 2012, 12:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

Redwall Abbey's famed kitchens did not have the bustle about them as usual. In fact, the only beasts present were two combatants and three judges. Several pots steamed and bubbled over various burners, their contents pervading the area with savory aromas. There were pots and pans hanging and resting on shelves, ingredients in barrels and bags, and a few tables, chairs and stools used by cooks to take well deserved breaks upon.

The air was slightly stuffy due to the cooking, making fairly harsh conditions for dueling. However, there was a fair amount of space for wielding various weapons. The kitchens , larder, and down into the cellars would be the boundaries for the round.

A voice sounded throughout the area. " Danflower Reguba versus Lonna Bowstripe, begin!"

Dannflower Reguba

"Ahhhhhh!" It was good to be home again! And inside too! Danflor gazed upon his opponent on the other side of the kitchens (assuming that's where we were placed) such a shame to risk either of their lives, this badger seemed nice enough.

" Danflower Reguba versus Lonna Bowstripe, begin!"

"Oh well, I'll see what hospitality I can show him later." The squirrel dipped his sword deep into a pot of hot, boiling woodland soup in preparation for the coming fight, "I am Dannflower Reguba! Champion of Redwall! Who darest to challenge me?" His sword was raised, and refelexes tensed for the clash... This would be difficult.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

Lonna Bowstripe saw his opponent standing on the other side of the kitchens.  This Danflower squirrel seemed like a good beast, and Lonna wished he didn't have to fight him.  I've come a long way from fighting Searats, he thought to himself.

"Danflower Reguba versus Lonna Bowstripe, begin!"

Lonna wiped his paws off on his tunic and took his bow from his back.  It was already strung, so all he had to do was place the arrow on the string.  As he pulled the string back, his opponent spoke.

"I am Dannflower Reguba!  Champion of Redwall!  Who darest to challenge me?"

Lonna called out, "I am Lonna Bowstripe, the badger lord of Salamandastron!"  Then, taking aim, Lonna fired at Danflower.

OOC:  Please judge this post.  Thanks!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

Dannflower wasn't quite ready for an arrow, and ended up receiving a cut to the shoulder even with the dulled head, and his roll to the side. He stayed down to try and plan his move, what do you do against a bow wielding badger?
The squirrel had to make a decision and it had to be made fast.

"Clang!"

He had knocked down a ceiling mounted pan holder, causing a very distracting wave of sound, and thinking fast, he picked up one of the pans and flung it hard at Lonna.

OOC: For those who don't know, Rainshadow and I are using blunted weapons.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

Lonna ducked just in time, but still got hit on the head as the pan flew by.  "Ouch!"  He looked around, trying to find something to throw at the squirrel.  It was then that Lonna remembered he had a bow.  He rolled his eyes and took up a blunted arrow.  He set it to the string and quickly fired it.  He shot another, then a third.
  After that, Lonna put his bow away and picked up a ladle.  He charged at the squirrel, shouting, "EULALIAAAAA!"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

The first arrow nearly tore of an ear, the second went whizzing overhead as he had ducked below the counter-top..... He started to stand up slowl*Zing!* The squirrel dropped, startled, and cluthed one paw to his stomach as he took a few quick breaths. That arrow had clipped his eyebrows! He heard banging as the badger charged, the squirrel smiled, now was his chance! "Regubaaaaaaa!"
His foe was charging him with... a Ladle? oh well, he was chucking pans earlier, why couldn't Lonna fight with a giant spoon? He swung his sling, which he had loaded while hiding behind the table, at his very-worthy opponents barrel chest, and poked his blade at the ladle, trying to shatter it.

Rainshadow

Lonna swung his ladle at the sword of Martin the warrior, crying out in pain as it shattered in his paw.  He hadn't expected the ladle to be that fragile!
 Lonna grunted and clutched his chest as the sling hit it.  He tried to grab the sling and yank it from Dannflower, and with his other paw groped about for a weapon of some sort.  He came across a rolling pin and tried to hit his opponent on the head as hard as he could.

OOC:  Please judge this post.  Thanks!