News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Quest for Romance: The Hunt for the Lashkeel

Started by Rainshadow, November 16, 2012, 04:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattio

Mattio was getting all the sleep he could, for he thought that the freebeasts were slavers. He had terrible dreams being beat to death. Then he woke up and comforted the other slaves saying it was only another ship. After all they weren't fighting beasts.

BrookSkimmer

Brielle watched Cooper through eyes brimming with tears. Cooper sounded strong and brave. She knew inside he must have been feeling very different than he looked. The shecat drew her blade and raised it so that it glittering in the sun.

"I'll follow you Cooper! For freedom from slavery and the cause of those not wishing to live under tyranny!"

Rikkendo drew his blade as well, the wild look of a warrior dancing in his eyes.

"Show me the vermin and I'll show ye dead beasts! We fight for freedom!"
____

The Lashkeel was almost alongside the Freebeasts. Raven had readied her crew to board the goodbeast ship as soon as they were close enough. The black otter swung her cutlass above her head and roared out their battle cry.

"Slaves and slaughter! The Lashkeel comes!"

Rainshadow

Cooper could hardly breathe, he was so frightened.  Hearing the Lashkeel's dreaded warcry, Cooper was starting to panic.  He looked to Brielle, fear in his eyes.  But, as he saw the pretty shecat, a strange sense of peace flowed over him.
  Pulling out one of his scimitars, Cooper raised it high.  With all of the power he could muster, he shouted out, "FOR FREEDOM!!"

Avalanche pumped his spear in the air, repeating the phrase.  "FOR FREEDOM!"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Mattio

Mattio woke up at the wars cries. Those chaps are here to save us! He shouted "Wake up , wot. Those chaps and chapesses are here to save us!"

BrookSkimmer

Acorn shuddered below deck as the war cries began to ring out. Her stomach dropped at the thought of injured beasts being in the sick bay they had made. She looked to Stella with fear in her eyes.

"Oh Stella! I don't think I can do this!" The young squirrel cowered in a corner, all thoughts of helping others disappearing as fear took its icy hold.

---

Rikkendo's eyes narrowed as he watched the Lashkeel draw near. He felt fear as well but controlled it with what he had been taught about being a warrior.

Brielle looked to Cooper, she could tell he was afraid. Who wouldn't be? Soon the ships would clash and blood would be spilled. She moved to where Cooper stood and spoke softly into his ear.

"Cooper, just in case something goes wrong during this battle..." He voice wavered and cracked but she continued. "I-I love you..."

Tears coursed down her face but the strong she cat swallowed hard and raised her weapon towards the Lashkeel.

"FOR FREEEEDOM!"

She then spoke just to Cooper again. "Let them come. We will face Raven and pay her back ten fold for what she did to us!" Her expression had gone hard, Brielle was ready to fight!

----

Wake up , wot. Those chaps and chapesses are here to save us!

A slaver ferret came up behind the the slave that was yelling and lashed him across the back with his whip.

"Sherrup ye fool!" He swung the whip again at the unprotected slave hare. "Those beast aren't 'er to save ye! Captain Brinewater's gonna take 'em all as slaves! They kin keep ye company down 'er heh heh heh..." The ferret laughed cruelly and went to check the cuffs around the slaves footpaws.

Paradox

OOC: I apologize for not posting for awhile! Transitioning back to Hawaii has been rather slow for me and I had alot of things to get done.

Things were about to get real very soon. In the amount of time it took for Stella and Acorn to set up the infirmary within the Freebeasts, the hostile Lashkeel was already amidships off the starboard side. The chipmunk had never been onboard a ship, much less one that was about to get raided. She had no idea what was going to happen within the next few hours, but the timid doctor was more than certain that her paws would be bloody by day's end. From somewhere outside, Stellaluna heard a faint yet loud scream that pierced the thick air.

Slaves and slaughter! The Lashkeel comes!

A deep chill jittered up the chipmunk's spine, causing her teeth to chatter. As Stella's mind clouded over in shock, she lay limp against the bulkhead, heart thumping painfully within her bosom. Was this truly happening?! She could be captured, enslaved, killed. She was a fresh twenty seasons.. the squirrel was even younger. They were two peacemakers in a midst of warriors, savages. But her dark thoughts were interrupted as Acorn lowered herself to a dark corner of the infirmary, crying out in fear.

Oh Stella! I don't think I can do this!

She ran over to Acorn, placing soft, reassuring paws on the lonely squirrel's shoulders. "Shhh.. look at me, sweetheart.. look at me.. " She put her left paw underneath the youngster's chin and lifted so she could look into Stella's eyes.

"Shhh.. it's going to be okay, Acorn.. I know you're scared. Well, you know what? I'm afraid too.. But we have to try and face our fears and be strong for those who will need us.. " Stella took one of Acorn's paws and clasped it with hers, squeezing firmly. "We have to remain calm or else good souls will die.. And don't worry, Acorn. I'm always going to be right here, right by your side. If you ever need me, just take this pennywhistle and blow it."

From her pocket, Stellaluna grasped a small tin whistle attached to a chain necklace and placed it over Acorn's head. "Take a deep breath and close your eyes, Acorn. Can you be strong for me, sweetie?" The chipmunk smiled at the squirrel, her eyes comforting, and looked back at their work. Over a dozen makeshift beds, and three operating tables. There was a barrel of salt and dirt in the corner, and barrels of water, rags, and medical supplies in the other corner. They had prepared well, and if they were lucky enough, would survive this ordeal.

No, that won't work.. it makes too much sense!!

Mattio

Mattio stood up with some scary thing is his mind. "You 'an 'old me 'ere for a year no longer."  He stood and shouted "EULALIAAAAAA." In response to the free beasts war cries.

Rainshadow

OOC:  I believe you're on the Freebeasts ship.  ;)

BIC:  Tempest looked for Stella and Acorn, walking below deck.  Her eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness, and she saw the younger chipmunk preparing.  "Wot can I do to 'elp, Stella?"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Romsca

Deadpaw the searat was done cooking for the slaves. He had made a slop that he knew they couldn't stand. He hated delivering the food to the slaves. Occasionally, he would get kicked or bitten by angrier ones. In those instances, he would smack them with the flat of his blade or his ladle. He heard a loud "Eulalia" from belowdecks, and stopped dead in his tracks. Drawing his cutlass he was prepared to fight whoever it was.

OOC: How about Mattio kills Deadpaw?

Mattio

ooc: sure ill choke you with my chain

bic:  Mattio heard footsteps.My time to get in this battle. He hid behind where the door would open pulling his chain to get as far as he can. After he got there he readied his chain to choke the beast that came through that door. They better hope they're not a foebeast.

Romsca

OOC: Sure you can kill him that way and Mattio can use Deadpaw's cutlass to free the slaves.

BIC: It had been a little while since he heard any noises from belowdecks, so Deadpaw slowly advanced through the door, cutlass drawn.

Mattio

Mattio jumped on his back and wrapped the chain around deadpaw's neck. He put his hand on deadpaw's mouth so he couldn't yell. He kept choking him until he lay still. He grabbed his cutlass. "Those weak of stomach look away"he said then ran him through. "Line up and find your lock and hold it out ill pick them" He said as he picked his own

W0NWILL

Mattio

W0NWILL

"A layth, an A lay voir!"(I would, but I can't move!) Elay snapped in the complicated tongue of northern rabbits. She pulled on the chain about her footpaws, breathing hard. Tharness* was creeping over her, probably due to the stress of the occasion.

*A rabbit saying meaning the same as 'deer in the headlights'