News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Favourite Quotes

Started by HeadInAnotherGalaxy, July 08, 2011, 01:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

I'm guessing that your a Star Wars fan?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Lutra

Its in my signature. ;)

You have no idea how and in what way you affect others.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Nightfire

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 19, 2011, 11:16:13 PM
I'm guessing that your a Star Wars fan?

Not really. I just love Yoda. He's a funny little gremlin, and when he takes out his laser sword to fight, he looks like a little greenpinball.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

DanielofRedwall

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you." ~ Unknown person from the Internet.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Nightfire

Always keep your word, always finish what you've started, and NEVER go unprepared.-Luke Cardassia.

(the main character in my book.)

What do you think of the quote I did earlier?

"When death smiles at you, smile back, then punch it in the face."-Jade Stone
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

DanielofRedwall

Just found this one, it's absolute gold!

"Decapitation is no laughing matter...that is unless you laugh your head off." ~ Some random on the internet.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tiria Wildlough

Here's one I got from a Punch and Judy show I watched on YouTube:
Judy: Mr Punch wanted to call him [their baby] Bill, because he came at the end of the month. And I wanted to call him Phil, because that's what he does--to his nappies! But in the end we decided to call him Isiah, because one 'eye's 'igher' than the other.'
Or something like that. XD!
I LOLed really hard.  ;D ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Okamikee

"If your heart was broken, you'd be dead. So shut up." - Daniel Tosh

I live by these words haha
"When a man is faced with his own death, he finds the impossible less of a barrier."

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Several Star Wars, Dune, and unknown quotes:

What we pretend to be we often become.
-Darth Krayt

The Jedi do not believe in killing their prisoners...What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
-Bastila Shan

It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built.
-Kreia

There is no shame in falling, There is only shame if you refuse to rise once again.
-Pernicar

Reality doesn't care if you believe it.
Everyone dies. It is the final and only lasting justice.
-Boba Fett

Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.     
-Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test that it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain.
-from Muad'Dib: Family Commentaries by the Princess Irulan

There is probably no more terrible instance of enlightenment than the one in which you discover your father is a man — with human flesh.
-from Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib by the Princess Irulan

Intelligence doesn't determine how smart we are. It's what we do with our Intelligence that determines how smart we are.
-Unknown

Do not put fault on the dog who bit you, when you were the one who put meat in your pocket.
-Unknown

Judge other people's ways only after you have tried them yourself.
-Unknown

Those that often retreat should not burn the bridges that they cross.
-Unknown

An idea is never truly dead until it's forgotten.
-Unknown

Those who stand on top of the volcano will die in the eruption, those that stand at the bottom will take a picture.
-Unknown

The best thing in life is romping and playing through a field of poison ivy. The worst thing in life is afterwards.
-Unknown

Anarchy - it's not the law, it's just a good idea.
Unknown

After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done.
-Unknown

Anyone who uses the phrase 'easy as taking candy from a baby' has never tried taking candy from a baby.
-Unknown

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

brocka

Any Fear is an illusion. You think something is standing in your way, but nothing is really there. What IS there is an opportunity to do your best and gain some success. Michael Jordan.

Gonff

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 25, 2011, 12:57:07 PM

The best thing in life is romping and playing through a field of poison ivy. The worst thing in life is afterwards.
-Unknown

So true, so true...
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Log-a-Log

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on July 19, 2011, 05:15:07 AM
I love these lyrics, if you can count them as quotes:
The Beatles, A Day in the Life, from Sgt Pepper:

"I read the news today, oh boy
About a lucky man who made the grave
And though the news was rather sad
Well I just had to laugh
I saw the photograph."

Man, Sgt Pepper is possibly the greatest album ever... I love these lyrics, not really because they are amazing, but because of how well they are presented in this amazing song.
That's a great song
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Nightfire

I loved this one that you posted, HiaG:

"Common sense is not so common." Ha!!! So very true, considering the people of my hometown.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Nightfire on September 23, 2011, 11:32:27 PM
I loved this one that you posted, HiaG:

"Common sense is not so common." Ha!!! So very true, considering the people of my hometown.

The credit o' tha'un goez tae Voltaire.

Nightfire

My all-time favorite quote:

"The past can hurt, but you can run from it, or learn from it."
                                                                               Rafiki