"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Cheese!! :D

Started by Rusvul, January 17, 2013, 10:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Quote from: SoranMBane on March 05, 2018, 09:17:46 PM
Oh boy, you opened Pandora's box now...

Because cow milk is disgusting, both health-wise and taste-wise. The fact that humans continued to drink milk before the invention of pasteurization is just a testament to how garbage we are as a species, because it was basically poison before that. Even before I went vegan, I could only really stand the taste of dairy in the form of cheese and ice cream (and even in cheese form, it was a mixed bag; a lot of dairy cheeses were really tasty, but others would make me physically nauseous from just one bite), or if it was added to something like cereal or oatmeal. But now I have all the tools I need to eat tasty cheese, ice cream, and cereal without gross dairy; I'm free. ;D
So basically you don't like it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rosie Willowwater

*Slaps Skarzs*

Quote from: SoranMBane on March 05, 2018, 10:40:12 PM
Daiya cheese and So Delicious ice cream are awesome. Earth Balance is also pretty good for their buttery spreads and cheesy crackers and potato chips (me and my boyfriend have made vegan buckwheat pancakes together a few times, and the Earth Balance butter tasted great on those). When it comes to milk substitutes, I tend to switch it up between different brands and plants, though I usually gravitate towards soy milk for that dose of good ol' protein.

Yesss, Earth Balance is great. My family is a big fan of the popcorn they make. We also used to get Earth Balance Mac n' Cheese, but it's no longer sold in our state anymore, so that's a bummer. I personally can't really stomach Soy that much, but Ripple (pea protein) milk is great, and one of the only milks I can drink all by itself. It's a bit bitter, but not overpoweringly so.

The Skarzs

Stahp.
It's basically what Soran is saying. No one I know is dying because they drink milk, and most people I know are rather healthy. :P I guess I'm just glad pasteurization is a thing so I can enjoy some delicious products from cow udder squeezings.  ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

SoranMBane

Quote from: The Skarzs on March 05, 2018, 10:41:48 PM
So basically you don't like it.

You asked, I gave you my answers.

Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on March 05, 2018, 10:51:42 PMI personally can't really stomach Soy that much, but Ripple (pea protein) milk is great, and one of the only milks I can drink all by itself. It's a bit bitter, but not overpoweringly so.

Ooh, Ripple's good too, especially the chocolate flavoured kind. I'm also pretty fond of Califia Farms dairy-free iced coffees whenever I have a taste for a bit of caffein.

Ashleg

Skarzs, Del, now this is the stuff, am I right?

Rosie Willowwater

Quote from: SoranMBane on March 05, 2018, 11:09:10 PM
Ooh, Ripple's good too, especially the chocolate flavoured kind. I'm also pretty fond of Califia Farms dairy-free iced coffees whenever I have a taste for a bit of caffein.

Oooh, they have chocolate? I should try that next time.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah loike Cheeze...Ah loike Cereal...Ah loike Cheeze Cereal!!!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Cornflower MM

I love cheese and ice cream, but i cant stand milk. Ill put a little on my oatmeal if its warm, but i had a glass a few months ago with chocolate powder and that was... Traumatizing.

I do find it easier to stomach raw, though. Not pasteurized.

Delthion

Quote from: Ashleg on March 05, 2018, 11:22:04 PM
Skarzs, Del, now this is the stuff, am I right?

I have never even seen that brand...
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

For real? Wow.

I never drink flavored milk.

BTW Soran, do you guys have cheeses of different flavor? Because l will be sad for you if you only get one or two flavors of cheese.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

The Skarzs

Drinking llama milk, obviously.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Ashleg