Pitru
Scorecat Yund
Lady Caltag
Squire Julian Gingivere
Sandingomm
King Mortspear
Other

hon_rosie

I will always and forever love my Gingivere. I have such a soft spot for him.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Romsca on March 17, 2013, 12:25:43 PM
Not really, 'cause Verdauga killed a badger!

(The badger probably attacked him first. I never saw Verdauga as the type to murder or even attack a badger)

When did Verdauga kill a badger? I simply don't believe that. Boar left, Sunflash left, and Bella never died.

I like Gingivere.  :) He's so nice!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

winifred

after Gingivere I'd pick sandigomm :)
I love how they turned from a normal cat/vermin lifestyle.
And Lutra I don't think Gingivere ias a gray. He purposly turned from evil to be good. (just my opinion)  ;)
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Ungatt Trunn

Why are hardly any people voting for Ungatt Trunn? It's unavoidable that he is probubly the most powerful and cleverest of Wildcats! The only other cat that would mach up to his power and skill would be Riggu Felis.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Free Thought

Quote from: danflorreguba on March 19, 2013, 06:37:22 PM

(The badger probably attacked him first. I never saw Verdauga as the type to murder or even attack a badger)

When did Verdauga kill a badger? I simply don't believe that. Boar left, Sunflash left, and Bella never died.

Verdauga killed Bella's mate in the first rebellion.  I think his name was Barkstripe or something like that.  It was a very brief mention in Mossflower and not much is known about him except he was a farmer and didn't like to fight.

My pick for the best cat would be King Mortspear... we don't know much about him either, but I'd say he probably would have kicked all their tails! HA! ;)

Ungatt Trunn

My pick for the best cat would be King Mortspear... we don't know much about him either, but I'd say he probably would have kicked all their tails! HA! ;)
[/quote]
Here, I'll add him to the list...

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Free Thought on March 19, 2013, 08:01:39 PM

Verdauga killed Bella's mate in the first rebellion.  I think his name was Barkstripe or something like that.  It was a very brief mention in Mossflower and not much is known about him except he was a farmer and didn't like to fight.

Sounds familiar... You can't compare a farmer with a many seasons bread warrior. A victory over a farmer is nothing to brag about, Ungatt had a far harder job than did Verdauga.... By a very long shot, but both of them would be toast going up against Lord Brocktree.... Don't mess with badger lords, vermin 101.  :D

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: danflorreguba on March 19, 2013, 08:46:35 PM

Sounds familiar... You can't compare a farmer with a many seasons bread warrior. A victory over a farmer is nothing to brag about, Ungatt had a far harder job than did Verdauga.... By a very long shot, but both of them would be toast going up against Lord Brocktree.... Don't mess with badger lords, vermin 101.  :D
And for good creatures 101: Don't mess with Wildcats! Wildcats are probubly the most powerful and dangeriouse of all creatures, only mached by Wearets.

Romsca

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 19, 2013, 08:50:08 PM

And for good creatures 101: Don't mess with Wildcats! Wildcats are probubly the most powerful and dangeriouse of all creatures, only mached by Wearets.

I disagree. A wildcat could easily kill a wearet before you could say "King Mortspear"! 8)

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Romsca on March 19, 2013, 08:55:15 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 19, 2013, 08:50:08 PM

I disagree. A wildcat could easily kill a wearet before you could say "King Mortspear"! 8)
Yea, I guess I have to agree with that. When it comes to being the dangeriouse beast, Wildcats are probubly the best. But when it comes to brute strength, Wearets top all vermin.

Dannflower Reguba

Did you two both forget about the wolverines? They come out on top of ALL vermin.

And as far as wildcats go, depends on the species. Martin had trouble with Tsarmina, but the army from High Rhulain was defeated by otters on a regular basis, and other species types are capable of matching otter skill levels, just in different areas.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: danflorreguba on March 19, 2013, 10:50:10 PM
Did you two both forget about the wolverines? They come out on top of ALL vermin.

Not necessarily. Wolverines may be the most viciouse of vermin, but, if you look at it in a way, they don't really top all vermin. Wildcats are, in a way, more dangeriouse, plus other features that would make them come out on top.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 19, 2013, 10:53:11 PM

Not necessarily. Wolverines may be the most viciouse of vermin, but, if you look at it in a way, they don't really top all vermin. Wildcats are, in a way, more dangeriouse, plus other features that would make them come out on top.

There is NO way a cat could take down a wolverine! Wolverine's are the anti- badger, the only thing capable of possibly winning against a fully-fledged badger warlord (Ungatt Trunn was fully trained, and still lost miserably to Lord Brocktree), and I know what you're thinking, "Well the wolverine was killed by a squirrel! That squirrel had Martin's guidance, and Martin's blade, a sharpened shield, and the advantage of speed and agility.

Wolverine's simply trump the wildcat card (especially since they have the dog vs. cat advantage).

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: danflorreguba on March 20, 2013, 01:12:16 AM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 19, 2013, 10:53:11 PM

There is NO way a cat could take down a wolverine! Wolverine's are the anti- badger, the only thing capable of possibly winning against a fully-fledged badger warlord (Ungatt Trunn was fully trained, and still lost miserably to Lord Brocktree), and I know what you're thinking, "Well the wolverine was killed by a squirrel! That squirrel had Martin's guidance, and Martin's blade, a sharpened shield, and the advantage of speed and agility.

Wolverine's simply trump the wildcat card (especially since they have the dog vs. cat advantage).
Just because Wolverings can eat creatures hole and are extreimly strong dosn't mean that they are the best vermin. Even though Gulo was powerful, he didn't have the true mind of a Warlord. He wasn't dumb at all, but he wasn't "smart" eather. It takes more than brute streingh to be a true Warlord. Thats were Cats have the big advantage: Each Wildcat in the series (at least the bad ones) had the cunning and the IQ of a great Warlord, something that Wolverings don't appear to have. And about Ungatt Trunn loosing to Lord Brocktree, it's just one of those times when it's a 50/50 chance that one or the other was going win, and the fates favoured Lord Brocktree's 50% chance that day.

Dannflower Reguba

Not quite, Brocktree floored Ungatt rather easily. You obviously like him a lot, but that doesn't change the fact. One other thing that you'll notice that comes along with these cat warlords "smarts" is also an irresistible draw to insanity, one that always takes a holed, and completely counters their "smart" side. Gulo has higher intellectual power than you're giving him credit. On top of that, he went just about the least insane that I've seen a vermin warlord go, he kept his head (until the fight with Rakkety Tam where he lost it a little).