News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Rainshadow's Art

Started by Rainshadow, March 24, 2013, 03:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ashenwyte

Could you draw two 14th centruy knights fighting each other on foot? I would like one to wield a warhammer, and the other to wield a messer. The rest is up to you.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Rainshadow

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on October 05, 2015, 06:55:25 AM
   If you haven't started my drawing yet, might I elaborate on her proportions? Her arms and legs are really long- It's not necessarily due to her supernatural heritage, but it certainly could be. Regardless, people find it unnerving.

Okee-dokey, I'll add that to my description masterpost thing.  Thanks!  :)

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on October 05, 2015, 12:41:04 PM
Could you draw two 14th centruy knights fighting each other on foot? I would like one to wield a warhammer, and the other to wield a messer. The rest is up to you.

Added to the list!  :)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Rainshadow

Bloop:

I need to figure out how to make backgrounds transparent.  Dx
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Skyblade

I honestly like it, Rain!

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Rainshadow

Thanks!  :D  Lol, I actually started drawing a different version of this, but when I was halfway done colouring, my brother came in and saw my setup (GIMP on the screen with the original drawing as reference in the top corner of the screen), and he went, "Y'know, you could always just take the original drawing and use that as the sketch instead of trying to copy it."  So I gave him a death glare, left the drawing undone for several days, and then did what he suggested.  It's much, much easier, 'cause I suck at trying to sketch with my tablet.  :P

Wot, wot!

:o That's so cool Rainy!! :D
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Rainshadow

Faiyloe

GIMP Is my program of choice as well, To make the background transparent you just delete the pre-given background layer and make a new background layer and label it background, Make sure you set the layer to transparent and then voila, transparent background.  ;D
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Rainshadow

Quote from: Faiyloe on October 08, 2015, 05:58:45 PM
GIMP Is my program of choice as well, To make the background transparent you just delete the pre-given background layer and make a new background layer and label it background, Make sure you set the layer to transparent and then voila, transparent background.  ;D

...Of course that's how you do it.  I was thinking about doing that with the ID, but I coloured the background sky blue to see if I missed any spots and then I deleted it.  I forgot I was gonna keep it in there.  :P  Thank you, though!  I'll make sure to try that next time.

Rainshadow

I drew a thing on Sunday that I really liked, so I decided to colour it in today.  Also, TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND!!  (Bigger image)

Heh, seventeen-year-old Leslie because I can.  (Yeah, her feet are cut off; I got new paper awhile back that has GREAT quality, but it's too big for the scanner.  So, yeah, I drew her too big and her feet got cut off.  :P)

...Feel free to ignore the many mistakes I just noticed I made.  (Forgot to shade in the belt and the boots, and I completely forgot to colour her studs, so they're transparent.  xD  Also, her legs look pretty wonky, but I hate line art so I just left it that way.  :P)

Jetthebinturong

I never thought I'd mistake a girl with short hair for a boy. She reminds me of someone, can't quite put my finger on who.

I have one piece of criticism though. You've described Leslie as short and stocky and that character is neither. I get that it's your style, but she looks the same size as a lot of characters of yours.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on October 14, 2015, 02:28:33 AM
I never thought I'd mistake a girl with short hair for a boy. She reminds me of someone, can't quite put my finger on who.

Literally everyone in my family I've shown this to has said something along the lines of "He looks cool".  Apparently I overdid it a bit on the whole "she looks like a guy" thing.  :P

I have one piece of criticism though. You've described Leslie as short and stocky and that character is neither. I get that it's your style, but she looks the same size as a lot of characters of yours.

Ehh, she's short, but she's not really all too stocky.  She's rather slight, and actually, she gets more and more malnourished as the years go by (thanks to my brilliant idea of making her so depressed that she eventually just gives up on life and stops eating (I'm horrible to poor Leslie)).  But yeah, I know what you're talking about with the whole height thing.  That's something I've been trying to work on, but as you can tell, I haven't quite gotten it figured out.  I'll get it... eventually.  :P

Hickory

Quote from: Rainshadow on October 14, 2015, 03:09:00 AM

Literally everyone in my family I've shown this to has said something along the lines of "He looks cool".  Apparently I overdid it a bit on the whole "she looks like a guy" thing.  :P

Ehh, she's short, but she's not really all too stocky.  She's rather slight, and actually, she gets more and more malnourished as the years go by (thanks to my brilliant idea of making her so depressed that she eventually just gives up on life and stops eating (I'm horrible to poor Leslie)).  But yeah, I know what you're talking about with the whole height thing.  That's something I've been trying to work on, but as you can tell, I haven't quite gotten it figured out.  I'll get it... eventually.  :P
So all your drawing people are malnourished then?  ;D
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on October 14, 2015, 03:16:10 AM
Quote from: Rainshadow on October 14, 2015, 03:09:00 AM

So all your drawing people are malnourished then?  ;D

Yes, because I am a horrid person who refuses to feed any of my characters.  (Except for the dwarves.  The dwarves can eat occasionally.)

Faiyloe

Here is a tip for controlling the sizes of your characters. Working out the entire skeleton first. Not sure if or how you do it but I do it with balls for the joints, circles for the hips and head, an oval for the rib cage and then lines for the arms and legs. If I don't like the size I just shift the skeleton so I don't have to erase entire drawings. another tip no matter how skinny and boy like she is supposed to look you still need to give her some figure.  ;)

Now that that is over, I think it is awesome! My first impression was like, Oh, way cool!
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?