News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Rainshadow's Art

Started by Rainshadow, March 24, 2013, 03:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Quote from: Mask on December 06, 2014, 05:52:10 PM
Hey, Rain, you mentioned you had a lot of art books, I think. I couldn't find the quote. I was just wondering, do you have Mastering Manga by Mark Crilley? That's one I've been looking in to getting and I guess I just thought I'd ask you if you had it. :P :D

Yep!  I'm right by my art books, so I may as well just list them now:

Mastering Manga by Mark Crilley
  Mastering Manga 2: Level Up by Mark Crilley
  Massive Manga: Techniques for Drawing, Inking, and Colouring by Yishan Li
  Dragons and Fantasy by Kythera of Anevern
  Drawing Your Own Manga by Haruno Nagatomo
  How to Draw Anime and Game Characters Vol. 2: Expressing Emotions by Tadashi Ozawa
  Basic Anatomy for the Manga Artist by Christopher Hart
  How to Draw Fantastic Dragons and Fantasy Creatures by J "NeonDragon" Peffer

I only own the last book; all the others are from the library.  I found the arts and crafts section at the library and have been having a field day.  :P

And if you're thinking about getting Mastering Manga, I highly recommend it.  It's REALLY helpful, and the art is extremely cool.  I use those two books way more than any of the others.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Maudie

Thanks! Have you seen Mark Crilley's YouTube channel? He has TONS of helpful and informative videos. I've really progressed since I found it.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rainshadow

Quote from: Mask on December 07, 2014, 02:36:15 AM
Thanks! Have you seen Mark Crilley's YouTube channel? He has TONS of helpful and informative videos. I've really progressed since I found it.

I haven't, actually.  I'll have to look it up!

And I did a bit of drawing today, as I was in the car a lot (driving an hour and a half to perform one piano piece, then drive an hour and a half back home.  Whoopee.  ::)), but my apologies, Jet, I didn't do any of yours.  I promise I will do at least one tomorrow to make up for my procrastination today!  I just found a lot of art prompts that were really cool, so I wanted to try some of them out.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Delthion

Could you please draw Glicthor?

Name: Glicthor

Species: Wolf,

Weapon: Spear and longbow,

Description: Glicthor is a tall wolf, with a streak of white running from his forehead to his nose, he has a few scars and the tip of his left ear is missing.

Hobbies: Chess.

Personal Story: Glicthor started as a low member of the Rockthrivers. The former leader had dueled with his son over a rigged game of dice, the leader killed his son and died shortly thereafter, Glicthor was a captain and 32 by this time and participated in the tournament for the next leader, he lost part of his ear in the fights but emerged victorious. He has been leading the Rockthrivers ever since.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rainshadow

Will do!  And sorry for not uploading art as of late, guys, I've just been pretty tired, busy, and stressed.  Haven't taken the time to do it yet.  I may not be putting them up before January, so ye might be waitin' a bit, me mateys.

Rainshadow

Oh, look who got a new toy for Christmas and wanted to try it out.  Also, I hate our computers; they're all so old and lag so much.

Misc.
[close]

Yeah, just a dumb little Nico doodle 'cause I wanted to test my skills at digital art.  It's harder than I thought it'd be.  :P

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rainshadow

Thanks!  :D  I'll have to work some more before I can get my digital art up to par with paper and pencil, but it's a start.  ;)

Rusvul

Well then, any chance you'd take a practice request?  ;)

Rainshadow

Lol, sure.  But I have to convince my brother to let me commandeer his computer long enough to do it, as it's only computer left to test.  (The other two I've used are old and don't work well with my tablet and drawing program; saying it was lagging would be an understatement.  :P)

Faiyloe

Wow that is awesome I love the sharp style.  ;D
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Rainshadow

Thanks, Faiy-chan!  :D

If anyone has any requests for digital art, I have the computer currently and am in the mood to draw, so I wouldn't mind you guys asking for stuff.  I'ma thinkin' I'm only gonna do headshots currently, though, so if you're hoping for a full body drawing, you'll hafta wait for me to draw it on paper.

Delthion

Could you try Glicthor in the new-fangled digital? ;D ;D ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Delthion on December 30, 2014, 09:16:33 PM
Could you try Glicthor in the new-fangled digital? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sure!  Next time I get the computer, of course.  I, ah, didn't get any requests right off the bat, and I got bored, so... I may or may not have gotten distracted by the fact that I was on the computer that can run Dragon Age: Inquisition, and I may or may not have played for roughly for or five hours.  So... yeah.  :P  Now my brother is home and he's claimed his computer to do technical computer stuff.  But next time I'm on that computer, I'll definitely do it!

Rainshadow

Apologies for the double post, but I did a likkle Glicthor doodle for ya, Deli-chan.

Glicthor

You didn't give any sort of colour or clothing description, so I just went shirtless and a generic wolf sort of colouring.  :P
[close]

Did you know that colouring stuff is hard?  I didn't realize how hard it was until I tried to make fur look less flat and more like fur.  Not sure it totally worked, but it's better than when I started.  :P