News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Crochet-Knitting Ideas

Started by 321tumbler, April 30, 2013, 01:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

321tumbler

I love crocheting and knitting so I thought that any other lovers could share patterns and stuff. In Sept., my friend's street has a flea market and we're going to sell stuff to support a missionary family my friend has known for years so we need stuff to make.

Leatho Shellhound

My sister made some thing years ago. I only use my sewing for costums.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Maudie

My older sister made a multi-colored afghan with a kind of crochet thing called crochet-knit.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

W0NWILL

Knifty Knitter is very helpful.

You use a hook, loom, and yarn to make hats or scarves. It isn't crochet, but it's easy to do and quick. The scarf only took me a few days off and on, and the hat a few hours. I just started that white hat and brown scarf a couple days ago, but have been pretty busy and haven't had any time to go farther on them. The downside to Knifty Knitter is that the yarn can get tangled in the loom, but that's avoidable if you don't store them thrown haphazardly into a box. With some of the longer and larger looms, you might be able to make a shawl, but I haven't tried that yet.

321tumbler

I might try that it sounds really cool!

Firehawke

I love knitting and crochetting!!!

One thing that I've found that works up pretty fast...making scarves on size 50 needles.  You just pick a variety of yarns and hold one strand of each together while you knit.  I usually only cast on 10 stitches, knit in stockinette stitch, and make it really long.  Usually only takes ~3 hours each!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Redwallfan7

My sister is the expert at knitting and crocheting in my family. Right now she's working on a baby blanket for her cousin who's expecting her first baby.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers