News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Who's the best lotr Hobbit?

Started by AnnaofRedwall, May 17, 2013, 12:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's the best lotr Hobbit?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)
17 (54.8%)
Merry (Meriadoc Brandybuck)
9 (29%)
Sam (Samwise Gamgee)
21 (67.7%)
Frodo Baggins
6 (19.4%)
Bilbo Baggins
11 (35.5%)
WHAT?!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 31

AnnaofRedwall

Okay, lotr fans... who's your favrite Hobbit. you can vote thrice (three times, i llike large words) and onoy thrice... so choose wisely...  :D
I hate it when a package says 'easy open' and you need a scissors, a knife, a crowbar, a gun, and a light-saber to open it.

KitrallStreamrippler

Pippin has always been my favorite, but Sam is so amazing and very few people seem to realize how emotionally strong he is.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

CrazyPug37

Samwise, basically because the actor who plays Sam was the same actor who was Mikey in the Goonies.

Also, he is very emotional.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

KitrallStreamrippler

Quote from: CrazyPug37 on May 17, 2013, 12:54:35 AM
Samwise, basically because the actor who plays Sam was the same actor who was Mikey in the Goonies.

He is? I haven't seen the Goonies in ages! *goes and re-watches it*
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

CrazyPug37

Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on May 17, 2013, 01:08:33 AM
Quote from: CrazyPug37 on May 17, 2013, 12:54:35 AM

He is? I haven't seen the Goonies in ages! *goes and re-watches it*
Yes, I believe his name is Sean Astin.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

KitrallStreamrippler

Yep. I just looked it up. A bunch of those kids are big famous people now... it's crazy.

Aldeneg

Sam! I loved Sam!!! He was so strong when it came down to it and without him, Frodo wouldn't have made it to Mount Doom (Or he would have had a much harder time at it!) I always thought Sam and Rosie were so cute together!! Haha, I'll stop babbling now.  ;D

Buzz_Bumble

Dopey is the best ... or maybe Happy, or Sneezy ... or Doc, he's good too.  ;)

CrazyPug37

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on May 17, 2013, 08:00:15 AM
Dopey is the best ... or maybe Happy, or Sneezy ... or Doc, he's good too.  ;)
I think we're talking about Lord of The Rings Hobbits, not Disney Dwarfs.  :D

Afrika United

Buzz_Bumble

Dwarves, Hobbits, Trolls, Goblins ... they're all short, hairy people.  ;)

I was only joking. :)

There was an advert recently on the jobs section of the TradeMe website (the New Zealand clone of eBay, but also has jobs, houses, find old friends, etc.) looking for people with "character faces" to play Hobbits ... I guess they weren't allowed to say ugly or weird-looking.  :)

Maudie

Hobbits are not ugly! How could you say such a thing?!?

My favorite Hobbit is Merry, More because of the book than the movie, probably cause he is funny and resourceful at the same time. Not that Pippin isn't but Merry seems a little more sober while at the same time mischievous. If you really knew me, that would sound really strange coming from me.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

CrazyPug37

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on May 18, 2013, 01:40:36 AM
Dwarves, Hobbits, Trolls, Goblins ... they're all short, hairy people.  ;)

I was only joking. :)

There was an advert recently on the jobs section of the TradeMe website (the New Zealand clone of eBay, but also has jobs, houses, find old friends, etc.) looking for people with "character faces" to play Hobbits ... I guess they weren't allowed to say ugly or weird-looking.  :)
^Lol.

Hobbits aren't too hairy, though they do have very hairy feet.

I don't recall Goblins being hairy, or Trolls.

The only hairy ones are Dwarfs.

Afrika United

Romsca

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on May 18, 2013, 01:40:36 AMThere was an advert recently on the jobs section of the TradeMe website (the New Zealand clone of eBay, but also has jobs, houses, find old friends, etc.) looking for people with "character faces" to play Hobbits ... I guess they weren't allowed to say ugly or weird-looking.  :)

I think people who look like hobbits are cute ;D

Anyway, Pippin's my favorite. (He has a Scottish accent in the movies!!!) Second, Sam, and third, Bilbo.

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: CrazyPug37 on May 19, 2013, 11:23:35 PM
QuoteI don't recall Goblins being hairy, or Trolls.

If that aint hairy trolls, then I don't know what is.  ;)

QuoteThe only hairy ones are Dwarfs.

Not necessarily (or should that be not necesshairily).  ;)

Redwallfan7

My two favorite hobbits are Sam and Merry. Sam because of his determination to help Frodo and his "southern" laid back type personality, and Merry because of his smarts and bravery. Merry reminds me of Keyla from Martin the Warrior, they're both smart and crafty, and they do what they can to help their friends out when they need it. The Return of the King is my favorite Lord of the Rings movie because it shows just how much Sam and Merry grow up physically and mentally.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers