News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

General Suggestions

Started by rakkety tam, July 19, 2011, 07:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

Uhhhh... It's mainly the moderators taht are in their prime... I'm 15 1/2, the average age on this Forum, by my experiance is 12.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Bragoon

I agree, while we have a nice mix of active members who are fifteen to sixteen and older, I think that the majority of our active members are younger than that. 

Also, it's good for people of all ages to mingle with others who are different ages from them.  It provides a good example for those who are younger, and it can be refreshing for older people to see young people being active and, to the point, being young.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Dannflower Reguba

Segregation never works, you need variety if you want to be able to use this Forum to its full capability. Funny thing for me is that I have an easiar time getting along with those that are younger, or older than me. Rather than getting along well with my own age group.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Lutra

Quote from: danflorreguba on May 09, 2012, 03:06:41 PM
Uhhhh... It's mainly the moderators taht are in their prime... I'm 15 1/2, the average age on this Forum, by my experiance is 12.

Scary when being almost 28 is in my prime. ;)  Double scary when I'm considered one of the elder members at that age too.

I'm not sure what need we would have of age groups.  Is there a reason a 13 year old cannot discuss the same things as a 28 year old?  I get what you're saying...I may be more interested in current events than the average teen, but its not always the case.  Give me an example of what you're thinking of, WotWot.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Dannflower Reguba

Can we please get rid of this ridiculous PM limit! I just maxed out! I can't contact Winifred! 20 PM's an hour!!?

Lutra

Who sends 20 PM's an hour?  ???  I don't see a reason to change any limits on PMs.  Its more than plenty where it is.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Dannflower Reguba

I was having a conversation with Winifred and ran out of PM's! Why is there a limit anyway? There is no other way to converse with other members than PM's!

Tiria Wildlough

You can email them. That's what I do with Nightfire.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

Like Tiria said, if you're planning on having a conversation with another person, use email or IM or something of that nature.  The PM system isn't designed as an email system.  That's why we have email. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Dannflower Reguba

But what if the person doesn't have e-mail? And what if their e-mail address is hidden? Besides. PM's are WAY faster.

Bragoon

You have to have an email account to register on the site, as I recall.  And if they have their email hidden, then you can ask them for it.  Or just wait.  An hour isn't terribly long.  

That's the advantage of PMs - they're great on short notice.  But for a drawn-out conversation, emails are better in several ways.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Ceteruler

I notice that many people are advertising their RP's in the wrong places, so maybe someone could make a thread specifically for the purpose of advertising RP's?

Lily

Do you mean in Cavern Hole? I don't think RP adverts belong in Cavern Hole at all. I think if people want to RP they'll go to the RP section and see what's going on regardless of any adverts in other areas.

Ceteruler

I wasn't necessarily saying where. I thought that an "RP Ads" thread could easily be in the RP section.

Icefire

Could I request that a "ghost topic" be left behind when a thread is moved? Just something simple like a locked thread called "MOVED: Example Thread" with a link in the post to where the thread was moved.
I'm only asking because I've gotten confused so often when a thread moves. For example, the "Who Among Ye is Christian" thread was moved recently and I still can't find it!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!