General Suggestions

Started by rakkety tam, July 19, 2011, 07:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wot Wot

Not me
I'm English/British
God save the queen

321tumbler

I'm USA and under 13 so I probaly wouldn't be allowed anyway.

leon

do you think it is a good idea ??? :-\

Ungatt Trunn

Life is too short to rush through it.

rachel25

Quote from: Ceteruler on March 10, 2012, 05:44:57 PM
I had an idea:
What if someone could use IRC to make Redwall live chat rooms? We could have live discussions, games, and RP's. We'd have to find someone willing to make it, but it works very well on a different forum that I am part of and I personally enjoy it very much.
What Forum is that  :P  ::)  ???  :-*

Gabe The Warrior

Is there a redirect button to your notifications so I can see the topics instantly?
""...Nobody outsmarts Cluny. I've won, and you have both lost." The Foxes clasped their claws. They knelt, whimpering pitifully. Cluny stood over them, enjoying his power as judge..."Take these miserable turncoats out of my sight..." Shrieking and screaming for mercy, the foxes were dragged away..."

Lily

If you click at the top of the page and then the Notifications and Email link on the left you'll see a list of all the topics you've elected to receive notifications about. Is that what you were after?

If you want to see a list of new replies since you last visited the forum click here.

And for the future, this kind of question is better off in the Questions and Answers topic. :)

Gabe The Warrior

@Lily,

I knew about that, but I was wondering if they could add a quicker way to get to the notifications easier instead of having to go to profile and click on the notifications button. It would be a lot easier if they just put it up on top of the screen. Also, it would be helpful if it said you have new notifications. Sometimes, I forget about my notifications.

Also, another idea I'd like to suggest. When hovering over a topic name, it would be awesome to see a pop-up box to preview the latest post or something made by the last user. I've seen other threads do it for example, and by clicking the preview, it allowed for instant browsing.

Things like that would be helpful. Also by adding a friends list. I'd like to have and keep track of my friends as well on this forum to see what they're up to.
""...Nobody outsmarts Cluny. I've won, and you have both lost." The Foxes clasped their claws. They knelt, whimpering pitifully. Cluny stood over them, enjoying his power as judge..."Take these miserable turncoats out of my sight..." Shrieking and screaming for mercy, the foxes were dragged away..."

Matthias720

There is a way to check to see recent unread posts. You can try this link to see recent unread topics, or try this link to see unread replies to topics you posted in. I would suggest bookmarking them so that you can get to them easily.

Tam and Martin

I like the new changing news you guys put up on the top of the forum page. It's neat!  :)

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Gabe The Warrior

Quote from: Matthias720 on May 07, 2013, 03:06:29 PM
There is a way to check to see recent unread posts. You can try this link to see recent unread topics, or try this link to see unread replies to topics you posted in. I would suggest bookmarking them so that you can get to them easily.

That's the point, I don't want to have to bookmark these pages and find them. It should easily be accessible on top of the page. It would make things more convenient, more user-friendly.  

Finding those links, I don't see them anywhere. They should be in a place where it's visible.

EDIT: I'd like to provide an example from a certain site but It'll have to wait because I can't access it from school. :/

Matthias720

With the current version of SMF we are running, that feature is not available, and I do not have the ability to update to a newer version. So at this point, bookmarks are your best choice.

Redwaller

The Changing News is cool! I'd like to see it permanent.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Gabe The Warrior

@Matthias720, Aww that's disappointing. However, whenever the chance arrives for an update, please keep my suggestion into consideration.

@Redwaller, What do you mean by "Changing News"? Are you talking about the suggestions I've made?