News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall Fashion

Started by Mariel, June 17, 2013, 08:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: Lutra on June 18, 2013, 12:39:59 AM
So I guess its fashionable to be naked and nobody would object.

Humanised-animals in many stories don't bother with clothes or not full clothes. Just look at many of the the characters from Disney, Hannah-Barbera, and Don Bluth, among others. There was even a faked "news" item spread around at one stage that Disney's Donald Duck comics were banned in Finland in the 1970's because he doesn't wear any trousers.

I don't know how true it is, but I once read somewhere that they often don't have trousers simply because the shape of the animal leg being different to human legs (and the need to do something with the tail) often makes illustrating and animating them more difficult and they look messy.

phoenixfoden

When i draw my charicters i always put trousers on them,i find "trouserless" animal charicters unfinshed or to wild looking,so i tend to always go for some trousers (or at least briefs) for them

Shoes its a compleatly diferent story
somtimes i will have bare pawed charicters to show thier fersome claws and somtimes have shoes or boots for others depensing on thier occupation,class and surroundings.

Buzz_Bumble

Obviously you didn't draw the original, but the Sherrif of Nottingham character (from Disney's Robin Hood) that you use as a forum icon / avatar doesn't wear any trousers.  :)

phoenixfoden

looking through my scetch pad i ussualy have him wearing dark red trousers
when i think of it no one in robin hood wears trousers  :D

Rusvul

Heck, I don't wear trousers. As a fox, I don't really need them. Especially as an airship pirate. A long shirt will do.

Lutra

Buzz, my comment goes back to a topic in the Character section of the forum where we discuss the fact that Winifred was practically the only character from the TV series that had no clothes whatsoever.  Everyone else wore something at some point, except for her.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Shadowed One

In some of the illustrations from the books, nobody has trousers. Even in the cookbook and the Great Redwall Feast.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Redwaller

Quote from: phoenixfoden on June 22, 2013, 08:42:23 AM
Why don't you make your own art thread?

Mariel

I never draw my characters with pants,mostly because I draw good animal legs. Most of the time I draw:
otters and squirrels  with a vest or tunic
mice with a habit or tunic 
hedgehogs with no clothes ::)
and hares in a military sort-of outfit
shrews and moles in vests
and vermin in whatever

Redwaller

People need to make art threads!

phoenixfoden

Quote from: Redwaller on June 22, 2013, 04:00:22 PM
Quote from: phoenixfoden on June 22, 2013, 08:42:23 AM
Why don't you make your own art thread?
hmmm when i have the time this week i should!

Romsca

I always draw my animal characters wearing trousers or long tunics if they're not wearing a dress. Oh well :-\

Rusvul

Animals are animals. They don't need pants. But if your drawing style involves pants, that's fine too.

Buzz_Bumble

Animals are animals. They don't talk, use swords, build boats, ...   ;)

Rusvul

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on June 24, 2013, 10:41:28 PM
Animals are animals. They don't talk, use swords, build boats, ...   ;)
I'm a fox. I have a pistol, a sword, and an airship. I don't wear pants.