News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Sports you play

Started by Mariel, July 20, 2013, 05:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

Quote from: Cornflower MM on April 18, 2018, 03:47:11 AM
Dance is like a sport, only harder. So. There you go.

Although I'm terrible at it i like dabhling at basketball. I dont even know the rules, but its fun.  if i could only run itd be treat, yknow?

I like dabbing at basketballs. Sort of similar.

Delthion

I fence, everybody knows that I think! ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rusvul

Quote from: Cornflower MM on April 18, 2018, 03:47:11 AM
Dance is like a sport, only harder. So. There you go.

Although I'm terrible at it i like dabhling at basketball. I dont even know the rules, but its fun.  if i could only run itd be treat, yknow?

Corn, do you consider ballroom "real dance"? I have a dancer friend who looks down on me :P

Delthion

Of course Ballroom is real dance...
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Søren

How would ballroom not be a real dance?

I'm retired from the forum

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Rusvul on April 20, 2018, 07:18:02 AM
Corn, do you consider ballroom "real dance"? I have a dancer friend who looks down on me :P

Well that's rude. Sure, it's "real dance". . . . Just a different kind that I know nothing about. I really can't judge :P

@Sor: I would imagine some dancers would consider it silly, or such, because ballroom dancers (I'm just guessing here) don't spend hours upon hours strictly disciplining their bodies to do. . . Not-normal things.

Delthion

That depends on whether they compete seriously or not. If they do compete in ballroom dancing then they would have to discipline their bodies too.

Cornflower MM

.... You can compete in ballroom dancing? I didnt know that, thats really cool.

Delthion

There are actually college teams that go to events and compete in ballroom dancing. Purdue is supposed to be really good... ;D

Tungro

Horse jumping and crew {professional rowing (not what you think, look it up)}

The Witessss

yeah, nothin'. used to do baseball and I liked it but, complicated..
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

Sebias of Redwall

Soccer is fun. Dabbled a bit in basketball too.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

PaulTheMarlfox

Soccer, Hockey, Track.  8)
"What... is the in flight speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"
-Monty Python And The Holy Grail

The Grey Coincidence

I was pretty good at Tug Of War
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Nadaz, voice of the host

Have soccer (football) tryouts (trials) Monday and tonight.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.