News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Luke.

Started by martins#1fan, July 22, 2011, 07:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skipper

i agree with Tammo, I like Luke because he didn't always win which made it more intresting in my opinion.

Tiria Wildlough

I don't think that crashing the Goreleech was the best solution, but it's realistic, because Luke didn't have time to think up a better plan.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dannflower Reguba

Yea. Too bad Luke and Ranguvar had to die.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

mahoney49733

Quote from: James Gryphon on July 27, 2011, 03:48:54 PM
QuoteMartin Sr?? There is only one Martin.
Actually, no, there isn't just one.

According to Legend of Luke (which I just reread), Luke was descended from an unnamed mouse, who was descended in turn from the legendary Martin the Elder, the first mouse to wield the even more legendary sword.

Thus, the family tree looks like this:
1. Martin the Elder Warrior
2. Unknown
3. Luke the Warrior
4. Martin the Warrior

Martin was named after his great-grandfather.
Actually, the family tree would look like this:
Martin the Elder Warrior
Unknown
Luke the Warrior
Martin the Warrior(of old)
Matthias
Mattimeo
Martin

Bragoon

How is Matthias related (in a familial way) to Martin?  Martin had no canonical descendants.

And it couldn't be that Matthias was the first person to wield Martin's sword after Martin himself, because Dandin was.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Yes, and it's also worth noting there is conflicting statements in the series as to whether there was any generation between Martin the Elder and Luke the Warrior. My personal opinion would be there was none, and Martin the Elder was Martin the Warrior's grandfather.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

MatthiasMan

Luke was cool, but I still don't like him.

He was a good warrior with a good heart.

Wolfstar

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on March 30, 2012, 05:53:49 PM
Yes, and it's also worth noting there is conflicting statements in the series as to whether there was any generation between Martin the Elder and Luke the Warrior. My personal opinion would be there was none, and Martin the Elder was Martin the Warrior's grandfather.
I just thought of something, what if Luke had a long lost brother or some other relative whom survived somehow and then that led on to Matthias.  That is just me of course.
Happy and kind.

Søren

Quote from: Wolfstar on April 06, 2012, 01:37:51 AM
I just thought of something, what if Luke had a long lost brother or some other relative whom survived somehow and then that led on to Matthias.  That is just me of course.
Good point.  I like Luke because his story was not only dramatic, but sad, which makes you feel sorry you know.

I'm retired from the forum

Dannflower Reguba

I HATE sad stories! :'(

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Bragoon

I don't want to deny anything like that, Wolfstar.  I think it would make a lot of sense, and be pretty cool. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

MatthiasMan

Quote from: Wolfstar on April 06, 2012, 01:37:51 AM

Y know, that must have happened but Brian didn't mention it. I agree.

Bragoon

I disagree, it COULD have happened, not must have happened.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Bragoon on April 06, 2012, 08:03:50 PM
Personally I seriously doubt it.

MatthiasMan

Quote from: Bragoon on April 06, 2012, 08:03:50 PM

Typo. oops. didn't catch it.