News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Last post wins

Started by The Lady Shael, July 25, 2011, 04:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

Sorr to burst yer bubble, but the correct definition of I is W0NWILL, so anyone saying I win, means W0NWILL wins.

Rainshadow

Ha!  You are wrong!  Rainshadow wins!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

W0NWILL

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

W0NWILL

*pitter, patter* It rained, yer point?

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

No no no!  Rainshadow wins!

W0NWILL

Rusvul

no, you dont need to be sorr for bursting my bubble, butt (lol) ah, here is the definition of 'I' from the dictionary
I 1 |?| (also i)
noun ( pl. Is or I's)
1 the ninth letter of the alphabet.
• denoting the next after H in a set of items, categories, etc.
2 the Roman numeral for one.
PHRASES
dot the i's and cross the t's see dot 1 .
I 2
pronoun [ first person singular ]
used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself : accept me for what I am.
noun ( the I) Philosophy
(in metaphysics) the subject or object of self-consciousness; the ego.
ORIGIN Old English , of Germanic origin; related to Dutch ik and German ich, from an Indo-European root shared by Latin ego and Greek eg?.
USAGE On whether it is correct to say : between you and I or : between you and me , see usage at between and personal pronoun . On whether it is correct to say : Rachel and I went to Paris or : Rachel and me went to Paris, see usage at personal pronoun .
I 3
abbreviation
• Independent.
• (preceding a highway number) Interstate.
• ( I.) Island(s) or Isle(s) (chiefly on maps).
symbol
• electric current : V = I/R.
• the chemical element iodine.
iodine |????d?n|
noun
the chemical element of atomic number 53, a nonmetallic element forming black crystals and a violet vapor. (Symbol: I)
• a solution of this in alcohol, used as a mild antiseptic.
A member of the halogen group, iodine occurs chiefly as salts in seawater and brines. As a constituent of thyroid hormones, it is required in small amounts in the body, and deficiency can lead to goiter.
ORIGIN early 19th cent.: from French iode (from Greek i?d?s 'violet-colored,' from ion 'violet' + -eid?s 'like' ) + -ine 4 .
i
symbol ( i ) Mathematics
the imaginary quantity equal to the square root of minus one. Compare with j .
-i 1
suffix forming the plural:
1 of nouns adopted from Latin ending in -us: : foci | timpani.
2 of nouns adopted from Italian ending in -e or -o: : dilettanti.
USAGE The suffix -i is one of several suffixes in the English language that form foreign plurals ( -a and -ae are two others). Many nouns derived from a foreign language retain their foreign plural, at least when they first enter English and particularly if they belong to a specialized field. Over time, however, it is quite normal for a word in general use to acquire a regular English plural. This may coexist with the foreign plural (e.g., there are two equally acceptable plurals of cactus: the Latin form cacti and the English form cactuses), or it may actually oust a foreign plural (e.g., there is now one standard plural of octopus: the English form octopuses, which has supplanted the Greek form octopodes).
-i 2
suffix
forming adjectives from names of countries or regions in the Near or Middle East : Azerbaijani | Pakistani.
ORIGIN from Semitic and Indo-Iranian adjectival endings.
-i-
suffix
a connecting vowel chiefly forming words ending in -ana, -ferous, -fic, -form, -fy, -gerous, -vorous. Compare with -o- .
sorry it is extremely long, if people complain i will remove some of it.

Rainshadow

Yeah, yeah.  Wotever.  I still win.

Rusvul

sorry, nope i win quote this comment if you think this thread will reach 300 pages.

Rainshadow

Ha!  Only in your dreams!

Redwallfan7

I win, and we all know it
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

W0NWILL

Rainshadow