News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Last post wins

Started by The Lady Shael, July 25, 2011, 04:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Rainshadow

I win 'cause I walked out on stage today expecting the kids to cheer to welcome me, but instead they all booed at me.  (I cheated on the "competition" yesterday, so they weren't happy with me.  I even had a little girl ask me today why I cheated.  :P)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Tam and Martin

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 17, 2014, 08:08:03 PM
  I win 'cause I walked out on stage today expecting the kids to cheer to welcome me, but instead they all booed at me.  (I cheated on the "competition" yesterday, so they weren't happy with me.  I even had a little girl ask me today why I cheated.  :P)

What d'you mean, you cheated?

Rainshadow

Quote from: Cornflower MM on July 17, 2014, 11:11:32 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on July 17, 2014, 08:08:03 PM

What d'you mean, you cheated?

Lemme explain the plot of the skit:  So, there are 3 contestants on a game show:  Jill, a stunt woman, Kylie, the CEO of FaceTube (a fictional popular media site), and Blaze, a racecar driver.  Jill is very kind about when she wins or loses challenges, Kylie is a sore loser, but gracious when she wins, and Blaze is just a jerk.  When she wins a challenge, she rubs it in, and when she loses, she stomps, screams, yells, whines, and is generally rather rude.  Guess who I play!  ;D

Anyway, so each day there are challenges that involve different survival skills.  Day 3 of the skit was that the contestants were blindfolded and were supposed to find a stump, which was constantly being moved.  Blaze, the only person who hadn't won a competition yet, decided that she wanted to cheat, and constantly lifted her blindfold, earning her a win.  Of course, the cheating was supposed to be seen by the audience (a group of young kids who like to be really loud while we're speaking), and they began to boo at me (Blaze).  When I got my prize for winning (a GPS to use on a nature trek later on in the day), as I was cheering and screaming, "I won, I won, I won!!!!", the kids were screaming over me, "CHEATER!  SHE CHEATED!  SHE CHEATED!" and booing.  When the contestants walk offstage, the host of the show asks the audience who they think was the kindest during the challenge.  Blaze is always the first to get voted for.

Here's where the funny part comes in.  On the first day of the skit, Blaze loses and throws her balloon (it was a balloon and kayak paddle challenge, trying to balance the balloon and compete in a race) and pops it, throwing a tantrum the whole time.  When the kids voted, about three or four of them cheered for me (probably because they liked cars and my character drives cars), but other than that they were dead silent.

Second day, I start mocking Jill when she gets rocks as prizes (we were picking three prizes from bags after doing the challenge).  When I walked offstage, I heard maybe one or two kids cheer, and a couple of boos.

Third day (yesterday), I cheated, peeking from under my blindfold, causing me to win.  When I won, everyone was booing at me (which made me start snorting and trying so hard not to laugh, 'cause they were louder than all the skit cast, who had microphones.), and when the kids voted for me, everyone was booing.  Every.  Stinkin'.  Kid.

Today, when the host of the show told the kids to welcome me and I did my intro, running onto the stage, every single person in the audience started booing.  Today was one of the days where I lost, so I threw a tantrum and grumbled and whined.  When the kids voted for me, there was a loud chorus of boos.

Do you see a pattern here?  ;)  I'ma thinkin' that they're gonna be booing at me when I come onstage tomorrow morning.  But, thankfully, there's no vote on the last day of VBS, so I won't have to accept any more sympathetic pats on the back when I'm actually really enjoying listening to the beautiful melody of kids yelling at me.  ;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Cornflower MM

THAT IS SO YOU!!!! Although, I'd be cheering FOR Blaze because she's that way.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Cornflower MM on July 18, 2014, 12:47:44 AM

Wait, what's so me?  Throwing tantrums and pouting because I lose?  Taunting, teasing, and mocking others, rubbing my winning into their faces?  :o  ;)

Cornflower MM

Not that - The other bits. ;)

rachel25

:P

(sorry I just wanted to use the gif)
Now, I'd just like to say. I WIN!

Cornflower MM

Rainshadow

I win 'cause today as I entered the stage, instead of welcoming me with a warm cheer, all the kids were booing.  Then, when I won the competition, even though I did it fairly and genuinely, without cheating, they booed at me.  Those kids were so loud that we had to stop and wait, try and calm them down, and then eventually just shout our lines over their voices.  Those kids don't like me.  :P

Oh, I also win because the college youth pastor got his head shaved on stage today, even though we didn't get 500 kids to come to VBS.  (He'd promised he'd let a kid shave his head if we got 500 kids at VBS.  There weren't enough kids, but a lady came up and shaved his head anyway.  ;D)

Tam and Martin

Rainshadow

Quote from: rachel25 on July 18, 2014, 05:50:03 PM
  :P

(sorry I just wanted to use the gif)
Now, I'd just like to say. I WIN!

What's up with the sudden influx of Supernatural GIFs?

Tam and Martin

She stole your lines, Rain.

Rainshadow

I don't want my lines stolen.  :(  :P