News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

RP: Trouble on the Horizon

Started by Nightfire, July 28, 2011, 01:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

Nightfire sighed mightily, clasping a paw over her eyes. "Ya mean that no one in this 'ere abbey knows anythin' about fightin'? Really? 'Ow is that possible? Whit about all them legends o' Martin the Warrior?"
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Icefire

Meryoran answered her question by saying, "Those legends are about a mouse who fought ages ago. Throughout Redwall's history, his spirit has guided us in times of danger. However, the abbey hasn't been in any real danger for many seasons and so we don't really have any experience in fighting....Rooke here is really the only one that knows what he's doing."
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Skalrag of Marshank

Rooke blushed a bit.

"I don' know much." the otter mumbled. "I can just twirl this 'ere staff a little. Me ol' dad taught me, afore 'e left."
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Nightfire winked. "I was taught by the beast that raised me too, so I guess we actually 'ave a bit in common. Hmm. I woouldn't be much o' an honorable warrior if'n I let a bunch o' abbeybeasts git slaughtered by the wearat." She grinned slyly. "Me an my warrior'll offer ta train ye ta defend yerselfs. But we are mercenaries, after all so we will ask fer payment." She looked deep in thought, then winked. "How about we train ye in exchange fer food? My squirrels are allus hungry, and ye have plenty o' it, so twould be fine fer us all." As if to emphasize this, she started to ravenously demolish a turnip 'n' tater 'n' beetroot pie.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Icefire

OOC: Making up a friar as an open character until one signs up. Hope that's OK

BIC: Friar Perry had been watching the squirrels eat and murmured to Sister Willow, "Feed them? They have appetites that would put a hare to shame!"
Sister Willow nudged him to keep him quiet, "Just be glad they aren't hares! They may put one hare to shame, but they don't hold a candle to 80 hares! And besides, we need all the help we can get."

The Abbess considered the squirrelqueen's offer, "Hm...food in exchange for training. I think we can manage to feed you, but you may have some trouble with training! We are creatures of peace after all."
"I...I'll train, Mother abbess," said Meryoran, "I may be a creature of peace, but I want to help protect my home."

Nightfire

"Good child," Nightfire said, smiling. "I'll teach ye ta use a dirk. 'Tis the best weapon fer one yer size. Zara there kin expand upon Rooke's quarterstaff abilities. Anyone else who want ta learn, I'll assign 'em a squirrel." She drank some Strawberry Cordial. "I got enough ta train ye all. Let's just 'ope the wearat don't attack before we're ready." She dove back into her food, and indicated that she would speak no more until she was done eating.

Icefire

OOC: Um...Nightfire? Did you mean "I'll assign them a squirrel"? Because what you wrote is very different.

BIC: Meryoran enjoyed the feast, but her heart wasn't in it the way it usually was. "Me? Learning to use a dirk? What have I gotten myself into?" But at the same time she was excited. These squirrels facinated her and she couldn't wait to learn more about them. She sat listening to Zara tell the dibbuns tales of their adventures.
Then she had a thought, "What if those vermin come back tonight?"

Nightfire

OOC: Sorry! Sometimes I write too fast and I accidentally switch letters. So I kinda switched the g and the n by accident. BIC:

Zara looked very serious as she related a tale to the dibbuns. "Och, so Nightfire, the band, and mahself were trekkin' o'er the land towards a nice, peaceful place led by a kindly auld beastie called Brome Laterose IIV or somethin' like that, when we was attacked by ah massive band o' cannibal lizards! Nightfire, bein' the bloodwrath-y leader she is, yelled 'Yayalaho' and jumped intae the fray. I wanted tae be a wee bit more careful than 'er, however, so ah crept aroond the back an' jumped the leader o' them beasties afore any o' them could wink. Now, I couldnae wrestle with an overgrown lizard fer the rest o' me life, ye ken? So I shouted quicklike at Ambriya an' the two o' us slung it intae a nearby river! Ye shoulda seen the blaggards, running scared fraem a drop o' water. Hehaha! 'Twas a day I'll ne'er ferget!" The dibbuns looked on in awe at Zara as Nightfire commented to Meryoran, "Aye, twas true. Nice how she portrayed me as the wild berserker. Huh, makes me sound like a badger lord, she does!" The squirrel chuckled. "O' course, I do 'ave problems with the bloodwrath, so mayhaps sje's jusified in that."

OOC: Oh, and yes, Zara is describing how they were trekking towards Noonvale.

Skalrag of Marshank

Rooke sipped hotroot soup as the squirrel queen related her tale.
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Nightfire neatly sliced up a sizable apple with her dirk, tossing a slice to Rooke. "'Hah! 'Tis been many a long season since I related a tale. 'Ow about I sing instead?" She thunked her dirk down hard into the tabletop, then unslung her bow and quiver of arrows from her back, laying them on the table along with the blade.

Skalrag of Marshank

Rooke stared in amazement at the neat apple slice.

"I 'ope ya got a better voice'n me. I've been compared to a fog 'orn, among other things."
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Nightfire chuckled as she stood up, saying, "This is an old northland song. I 'ope ye like it." And then she plucked her dirk neatly out of the tabletop, spinning it arund faster and faster until it was a blur. She performed many maneuvers with it, spinning, tossing, and twirling it. The song was more of a chant that a tune, but she sang out in a strong, clear voice:

"The young must grow old,
Whilst old ones grow older,
And cowards will shrink,
As the bold grow bolder.
Courage may blossom in quiet hearts,
For who can tell where bravery starts?
Truth is a song, oft lying unsung,
Some mother bird protecting her young.
Those who lay down their lives for friends,
Their echo rolls onwards, it seldom ends!
Who never turned and ran, but stayed?
This is a warrior born, not made!
Calm in life and sound in reason.
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword.
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!"

Nightfire stopped spinning the blade, and it landed with a *thunk* into the tabletop again. She sat down and began to eat again.

Tiria Wildlough

Ambriya laughed. 'Nice song, lady.'
OOC: You got that out of The Legend of Luke, didn't you? Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just wondered.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skalrag of Marshank

Rooke clapped heartily, grinning from ear to ear.

"You're a great singer!"
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

OOC: Yes, I got it from the Legend of Luke. I couldn't think up a proper Northlanders' song. BIC:

Nightfire grinned at Rooke, sheathing her dirk and slinging her bow and quiver of arrows back over her shoulder. She recommenced eating like a ravenous wolf.