Roulette Round 1 <HanNorwood (Thelan Anickak) vs Rainshadow(Thiess)>

Started by BrookSkimmer, November 04, 2013, 05:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

Please refer to the instructions for this before starting. Plot, setting, and the rest are up to you. Feel free to make an OOC thread on the OOC page to discuss how your duel will go. You have until Nov. 10th to complete your duel!

Unimaginative

Thelan Anickak looked around, wary of any creatures that may be nearby. Ever since he had been marooned by his crew, who clearly didn't know how fertile this land was, he had worried that someone may recognize him from his many atrocities. With a sigh, he munched on the apple he had found on a tree nearby.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Rainshadow

Thiess was humming a quiet tune as he walked along the edge of what looked to be a cluster of fruit trees.  He'd just had his breakfast, so with a full stomach and the bright sun shining down, he was in a good mood.  That mood was about to turn sour, but the otter had no idea.

Crunch!  The blonde beast stepped heavily on a branch, snapping it in half.  Whoops, he thought, glancing around, didn't expect to have that right there.  Thiess, be more careful!  He cleared his throat, hoping that nobeast had heard him.  After all, he was on a mission, he was supposed to be guarding his territory!  The bloody war had left Holt Ripplestream weak, and they'd had to resort to having an otter or two patrolling the border, making sure all the vermin were gone.  Since Thiess was almost fully healed, he was told to go, much to his delight.  He loved the otters at his holt, but it was crowded in there.  It smelled of death, and he couldn't handle just standing around, waiting for something to happen.

The river otter shook his head, bringing himself back to the present.  Obviously there was nobeast around, so he resumed his leisurely pace, not rushed as he continued on with the patrol.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Unimaginative

OOC: Sorry it's been so long.

Thelan had been about to take another bite out of his apple, when he heard a crack. Standing up and drawing his blades, he walked to the edge of the grove and looked out. He smiled cruelly seeing the large Otter. This creature looked like he may have some nice vanities on him. Though wary of the large battle-ax the Otter carried, he called out to him. "Ahoy, there. 'Ave ye got anythin' ta spare for a poor beast?"

Rainshadow

Thiess flinched, freezing in place as he heard a voice.  It was clearly vermin from the accent, but the beast didn't sound like he came from the same place as the horde Holt Ripplestream had defeated.  'Ahoy', he had said.  A pirate?  What would a pirate be doing this far away from the ocean?

The blond otter reached for his battleaxe, a large, wicked weapon, and pulled it from its holster, holding it firmly in both hands.  "Show yourself, vermin," he called back, searching the grove for any sign of movement.  Trees blew in the wind, but he couldn't see the pirate.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Unimaginative

"Vermin? Untrusting, ain't ye. I'll show meself when ye put down that axe ye 'ave ready to swing at me." He smiled to himself, fully intending to charge in and stab the otter as soon as the ax was on the ground.

Rainshadow

Thiess hoisted the heavy weapon over his shoulder, the axe feeling as light as a feather to the muscular otter.  He chuckled a bit, his eyes still searching the general area, trying to pinpoint the creature's location.  He had to keep the beast talking, for when one can hear speaking, it's much easier to find the target.

"Sorry, mate, I ain't droppin' my weapon.  Why don't you come out and we can have a nice little chat?  We could have an early luncheon of sorts.  I have food!"  The sandy-coloured otter actually meant this last bit.  He felt that if he could get the beast to reveal himself willingly, Thiess could be at least a little nice.  Even if he was going to kill him, why not give him a last meal?  That, of course, was the civil thing to do, and Thiess didn't view himself as cruel.

Unimaginative

"Alright, I'll come out of the grove and eat with ye," Said Thelan. As he stepped out of the grove, he hid his short sword in his coat, and muttered to his self. "Then I'll stab ye in the back and take whatever vittles ya 'ave left." Smiling, he sat down in front of a tree.

Rainshadow

Thiess preferred standing, as he didn't trust the vermin, and he kept an eye on the beast as he opened his satchel and took out two blueberry scones.  Then he took out a canteen of ale and tossed it to the ferret, saying, "Good 'Tober Ale from Redwall.  Ever had it?"  He was sure the beast hadn't, but one could never know for sure.

Leaning on his battleaxe, the blond otter bit into his scone, watching the ferret with wariness and a bit of interest.  He didn't look like a landlubber, as his garb didn't look like a typical vermin's outfit, and Thiess wondered if he was part of another band.  Holt Ripplestream couldn't stand another attack right now!  Even though it had been a full season since the war, the otters were weak; an attack would surely mean death for all.  It would be better to kill this beast now and give a warning to the others who were undoubtedly lurking in the shadows.