News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Problem with the members list?

Started by Ungatt Trunn, November 07, 2013, 05:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

I was just browsing through the list that showed the order that all members registered, when I saw that I had joined this Forum four days before AbbotAlf0805 did. But that dosn't make sence, because he has like six times more posts than me, and he left quite a while ago. It just dosn't make sence as to why I have six times less posts than he does and I joined first.
I've seen several other cases like that while reading the members list; people who joined pretty late on but still have more posts than people who have been on the Forum longer and were quite active. The dates says that they were registered, but can they be wrong? I know that there might be a reasonal explination for this, but I just wanted to be sure...

Life is too short to rush through it.

Matthias720

There are two likely scenarios:
1) The people who joined later post more often than the people who joined earlier
2) The people who joined earlier post more often, but on the boards that have post count disabled

If you spend more time posting in the Cellars and Forum Games boards, your post count will be lower than someone who frequently posts in the Roleplay boards.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Matthias720 on November 07, 2013, 04:11:47 PM
There are two likely scenarios:
1) The people who joined later post more often than the people who joined earlier
2) The people who joined earlier post more often, but on the boards that have post count disabled

If you spend more time posting in the Cellars and Forum Games boards, your post count will be lower than someone who frequently posts in the Roleplay boards.
Well, I guess that makes seance....and come to think of itt, there was one time when I was gone for a while....

P.S: When I said post count, I meant the whole, total amount of posts that a member has. And now I see that I am ahead of AbbotAlf by about 2000 posts; I just read is statistics wrong. :P

Redwaller

I joined after lots of members, but I still am over them by thousands of posts.  :P

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Redwaller on November 07, 2013, 11:12:00 PM
I joined after lots of members, but I still am over them by thousands of posts.  :P
Yes...you know Rainshadow? Counting all her posts, she has around sixteen hundred posts...and I joined a few weeks before her and I have like three times less posts than she has.

BrookSkimmer

Question has been answered... locked!