News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Hacking/Malware Rules?

Started by Blaggut, December 11, 2013, 07:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaggut

Basically what I wanna ask is, is it agai st rules to post links to malicious websites that you intentionally infested with viruses, Trojans, parasites, etc? Cuz I see a lot of links and you can't trust everyone...
~Just a soft space boi~

Ungatt Trunn

You'll probably be gagged forever.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

BrookSkimmer

There are basic rules that govern things like this on sites like ours. Members are allowed to post links to other sites, but of course these sites should not have viruses.

We as staff do our best to scan links to sites, however you as the user need to be aware that there is always a risk on clicking links to sites outside of this one.

Appropriate measures would also be taken should it be found that someone was linking to sites that either do not reflect the content rules of this site and/or have viruses.

Blaggut

But what if he/she intentionally infected a website and posted a link, and it was obvious they did afterwards?
~Just a soft space boi~

Osu

I imagine the user would be treated like a spammer and dealt with as such. The link to the malicious website would be removed as well.

Additionally, everybody should have up-to-date malware and virus protection software on their computers. If you don't, or don't know how yours works, I would encourage you to download one/become familiar with what you have, and scan your computer often.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.