News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

your fav music

Started by rakkety tam, August 04, 2011, 04:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wats your fav music

todays rock and roll
70s music
80s music
90s music
pop
hip hop
screamo
classical
jazz
country
60s music
christian
alternative
blue grass
rap
none of these
opera
celtic
metal
celtic rock

KaiTheDog

I feel like the only metal head in the group D=.

Wait, would you consider bands like Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, Rhapsody of Fire, Nightwish, Within Temptaition, Epica, Nocturnal Rites and the like as metal or symphonic metal?

Flandor

I love celtic rock :) The Pogues, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly... Excellent stuff.

Other than that I love alt rock (Red Hot Chili Peppers, THe Killers), Folk music, and classic rock.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Lily

Quote from: KaiTheDog on November 14, 2011, 04:58:45 PM

Wait, would you consider bands like Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, Rhapsody of Fire, Nightwish, Within Temptaition, Epica, Nocturnal Rites and the like as metal or symphonic metal?

I would consider Nightwish and Within Temptation as symphonic metal. They definitely have a different feel to the rest of the metal genre, I think. I can't comment on the other bands, I haven't heard them.

Log-a-Log

I'm listening to Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young right now. They're one of my favorite bands
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

rakkety tam

no u arnt i voted for metal ever heard of dragon force or blind guardian
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

KaiTheDog

Quote from: rakkety tam on December 07, 2011, 05:48:34 PM

no u arnt i voted for metal ever heard of dragon force or blind guardian

I have heard of them, and it was Dragonforce that introduced me to the genre.

rakkety tam

rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Rollo the Baby Bankvole

I love Taylor Swift's music, but I don't really like country, even though some of her songs are classed either country or country pop, and then I just like other random songs 8)
I've read Mattimeo, Salamandastron, The Pearls of Lutra, The Taggerung, Triss, Eulalia!, Lord Brocktree, The Legend of Luke, The Bellmaker & The Long Patrol! xD
??Just close your eyes, the sun is going down, you'll be alright, noone

eualaia

zelda dubstep and zelda metal covers
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Bragoon

*late on the boat*

I mostly enjoy Bluegrass and Classical music, but I like old-style Swing when I can find it and minimal portions of rock. 

As to all the discussion on Christian music, I don't listen to most of the contemporary Christian music out there because I figure that if I want a rock song, I'll listen to a real one.  That said, Jars of Clay is my single favorite band ever. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Cheesethief

Skillet is the best! Whispers in the Dark and Awake and Alive are my favorites. Anyone ever heard of Lecrae by any chance? I don't usually listen to rap but he's reaaaally good.

Redwallfan7

I like:

Selena Gomez

Demi Lovato

Katy Perry

Kelly Clarkson

Adele

80's pop, 90's pop
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lord Brocktree

Quote from: Cheesethief on February 15, 2012, 12:26:16 AM
Skillet is the best! Whispers in the Dark and Awake and Alive are my favorites. Anyone ever heard of Lecrae by any chance? I don't usually listen to rap but he's reaaaally good.

Yes, I think Lecrae is amazing. I never truly listened to rap before, or even entertained the idea of listening to it until I was shown Lecrae. I was also lucky enough to go to one of his recent concerts, and let me tell you, it was pretty awesome. I like listening to Christian music, many different genres of it.

I also enjoy Classical music, but let me be more specific. I play the piano and I am pretty serious about improving so I try and listen to all the piano I can. My MP3 player is loaded with solo piano music. I love listening to video game piano, some classical piano (to be truthful I find some boring, but on the other hand so is very amazing) Claire De Lune Debussy is my favorite classical piece. I also enjoy new age pianists such as Isaac Shepard and Brian Crain. I actually have a Youtube channel (KnucklesE) where I have posted few piano pieces.

Celtic music is also a great enjoyment of mine. I think I actually got into it after reading a large volume of Redwall books. I enjoy Culann's Hounds mainly, but there are some others I try and listen too.

I do own the Songs from Redwall CD and I enjoy breaking that out if I get into a Redwall mood.
"An' if on an empty tummy I'm slain,
Then I'll jolly well never get killed again,
So pass the pudden an' fetch those pies,
An' I'll give the foebeast a rotten surprise!"

Mad Maudie

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on August 04, 2011, 08:39:12 AM
I went 60's music (Beatles, Bob Dylan...), alternative (rock), and none of these because my favourite genres are folk and indie folk. I have a fairly strange style of music for a 13 year old. I mean, who else who's 13 has Beethoven on his/her ipod? :)

your thirteen!!!!! i thought you were like 25 LOL!
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

redwallgurl

love most of what posted above espically the muppet shiver me timber songs. listen to the radio mostly(new songs) and 90s music mainly love them all
Fun. is a fantastic band.