News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Wildcat Attack!

Started by Cornflower MM, January 16, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on June 02, 2014, 09:01:39 PM
"Huh, just yesterday you were defending that Argunath guy when I was complaining about him," Kaylan replied. "Didn't know you felt the same way." She paused, then went on, "And I know for a fact he's unstable. You know what happened last night?"

"WHAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!?! Rosemary let an UNSTABLE CAT into REDWALL?!?!?!?" Arya shouted, her temper rising to the surface. "Ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr." She muttered, her jaw working, and he fists clenching.

Jukka the Sling

"Uh, yeah, she did, apparently. I mean, that cat actually attacked me and Abbess Rosemary last night!"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

OOC: BAAALD EEAAAGLE!!!!! Sorry....There was a bald eagle. Which is a very VERY rare sight for me.

BIC: "WHAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!" Arya screamed, then turned around and punched the wall. Quite a few times.

Jukka the Sling

Kaylan was a bit surprised at Arya's tantrum - or whatever it was. She gave her an odd look, but then continued, "I kinda caused it without meaning to. I was up on the wall, and he came up there and asked me why I didn't trust him. I told him it was 'cause he was a vermin, and I also mentioned the Dibbun that died, and he just went crazy. I ran back to the Abbey to get somebeast to calm him down and the Abbess came out with me, and told me to shoot him in a nonlethal area if he tried to attack her. Which is what ended up happening. Anyway, then Argunath went after me and grabbed me by the neck, but then calmed down and dropped me. I stood in front of the Abbess with my bow drawn. He told me to just kill him and rid the world of another monster. I didn't know what to think. He was unarmed, though, so I didn't kill him, and I just headed back inside. So yeah. He's definitely what I'd call unstable."
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

David waved to Argunath and quickly wrote out a short message

So I wanted to thank you for talking to me last night, it really did help and since you shared that story about you which was probably really personal, I wanted to share my story, I mean if you want that is. Also, I never got your name

He hesitated for a few moments before handing the book over
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Cornflower MM

Arya then started banging her head against the wall, moaning. "I was either flirting or looking over my arrows, and you and the Abbess are being attacked. I'm so stupid!"She said, still banging her head against the wall.

Jukka the Sling

"No you're not," Kaylan said quickly, putting an arm around her friend. (OOC: That alright?) "How were you supposed to know that was going on?" She turned towards Cavern Hole. "Come on, let's have breakfast. Don't worry, I'm not gonna attack those vermin or anything if they happen to be down there. I'm quite stable," she added with a hint of a smile, heading down the steps to the breakfast area.

The Skarzs

OOC: Huh. Well, Arya is definitely going to be more careful around Argunath. :P

BIC: Argunath read the message, and he thought a moment before he answered. "I'm glad I was able to help. My name is Argunath, and I'm from the far western mountains." He held out his paw.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

David took his paw and shook it briefly. He pulled down his hood and raised an eyebrow, looking down at the book and then back up

The Skarzs

"Oh, here," the cougar said, quickly giving it back to the smaller cat.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Dave gave another of his raspy chuckles

I wasn't asking for it back, I was wondering what your answer to my first question was

OOC: Dang these are getting progressively worse, I need to step up my game

The Skarzs

"Ah, about your story. I can't say I'm not curious about your past. Please, I would like to hear of it." He waited for Dave to begin to write, though it might take a while.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: The Skarzs on June 03, 2014, 12:01:09 AM
OOC: Huh. Well, Arya is definitely going to be more careful around Argunath. :P

OOC: A bit frosty, too.
@Jet: There's not as bad as my posts were when I first got here....Actually, my posts are still a bit iffy, until I get into my writing mood.....Then, they're a paragraph. :P

BIC: Arya allowed Kaylan to put her arm around her and lead her to Cavern Hole. "Still, though...Besides the fact that you and the Abbess were being attacked, I probably looked really stupid. I mean, I wouldn't know romance, or flirting, if they fell on my head from a tree!" She moaned. She really did think that she had probably been silly, and made a fool of herself last night.

Jetthebinturong

Dave sucked on the tip of his quill, contemplating how to phrase his answer before finally deciding to tell it as Argunath had done, as a story

There was once a young cat named Dave, the cat's parents had died when he was very young and so he was brought up by his brother. Dave and his brother were great friends and got along well however the young cat's life was not all happy, the people where he grew up bullied him because his eyes were a freakish red colour. He of course did not tell his brother this, how could he? But somehow, the brother found out and the consequences were drastic. They left their family home to look for a better place to live. Eventually they settled down in the territory of a family of foxes. Dave's brother started to teach him to fight so that he would be able to protect himself should anything like before happen again. Meanwhile the cat had become friends with the son of the fox lord. The two were friends for many seasons and the cat became complacent with his place and this was his downfall. You see, Dave forgot that he was dealing with the son of a lord here and when his friend did something he didn't like, he got incredibly angry mouthing off with as many colourful curse words as he could think of and even resorting to physical violence. The fox lord was understandably unhappy with this when his son told him and he sent his soldiers to deal with the cat and his brother. You see, the cat's older brother had repeatedly failed to pay the taxes that the landowners demanded and it was only Dave's friendship with the fox lord's son that kept the consequences from them. Long story short, the two of them were tortured and the brother killed. Dave was meant to die as well but the person who cut his throat was obviously incompetent and the young cat was able to crawl to the home of the healer who lived in the settlement, he survived but it cost him his voice. After this the cat left to go traveling, trying to put the past behind him.

Dave's handwriting became progressively worse as he wrote, he found that it was harder to repress his memories as he went along. His hands were still shaking when he passed the book to Argunath

The Skarzs

Dave's emotions showed, and Argunath read the words carefully. He said nothing through the entire thing, and handed the book back to him when he was done. "I understand you a little more now," he said. He saw down on the battlements. "You were some seasons younger when this happened, correct? Wisdom is not something we posses as a child; it's as if we have the right to be stupid." He smiled briefly at something he remembered as a little one, but the moment had passed, and he was his stoic self again.
"I can't say who was in the wrong or the right; it seems it was meant to happen."

He looked up at the sky. "You seem ashamed by your eyes; I see nothing to feel shame from. They make you unique. At least for you, that color is normal.
"But for me. . ." he clenched paws. "My eyes turn red, oh yes. The blood rises into them and blurs my vision. The good part of me is dragged down silently screaming inside, replaced by something that does not rest. I have slain dozens with my hands. My eyes are like the fires of hell shining out, and I cannot stop it. But your eyes are always like that, only far different. No destructive rage; no restless and fearsome hate. You should be glad, for it is only the color and not the spirit."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.