News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Olympics!

Started by Norham Waterpaw, February 08, 2014, 04:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norham Waterpaw

Well, what's your opinion on it? What did you think of the opening ceremony?
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

The Shade

I would have thought this would belong in Cavern Hole, but there ya go...

Anyway, I didn't see the opening ceremony, but I'll probably end up watching the events. Anyone see the new event they added, Slopestyle? Looks awesome.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Moved to Cavern Hole.

I've never been as interested in winter games as much as summer games, but the two have clearly been getting more on par with each other in terms of popularity. I'll probably watch a few of the events, since I don't want to completely miss an Olympics. I didn't watch the opening ceremony, but what I heard almost made me want to...have to find a nice recap of the events.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

MatthiasMan

Olympics. . . I'll be honest, I never really thought they were that cool.  I mean, yeah, you can win gold, be famous, and all kinds of stuff. I watch a lot of the sports, but I'll be honest, I never really found them interesting.  I like the hockey for the winter ones and that's pretty much it.

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on February 08, 2014, 04:24:49 AM
Well, what's your opinion on it? What did you think of the opening ceremony?
I didn't see it.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

MeadowR

Didn't watch it and haven't watched any of the sports! I didn't even realise it was starting when I heard the opening ceremony was on! Shows how bothered I am about it. :p
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

321tumbler

Quote from: The Shade on February 08, 2014, 10:48:28 AM
Anyone see the new event they added, Slopestyle? Looks awesome.
It is!!!

I saw the opening ceremony. I laughed when the one ring didn't open (nothing against Russia, if it had happened in 2012 or 2010 I would've laughed). Actually, I enjoy watching more sports in the Winter than Summer, but Summer is special to me because of gymnastics.

Firehawke

Enjoyed the Opening Ceremony!  And I'm love the chance to watch curling...I just wish that I wasn't stuck at work or asleep while most of the matches are on.  Glad I have a VCR!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Captain Tammo

I LOVE watching the Olympics!!! They're always entertaining and fast paced and if you think about it, unite countries pretty well (despite the bomb threats from small organizations/individuals)!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Lily

My dad's a cross-country skier and really into winter sports, so I've been following the Olympics quite closely. I like ski jumping the best, I saw the Sapporo World Cup a few weeks ago and it was really fun to watch. I was hoping Sara Takanashi would win a medal yesterday, but she just missed out with 4th place. So close!

I only saw bits of the opening ceremony, but I really liked the ballet section they did.

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: The Shade on February 08, 2014, 10:48:28 AM
I would have thought this would belong in Cavern Hole, but there ya go...

Anyone see the new event they added, Slopestyle? Looks awesome.
I saw it last night
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

MeadowR

Even though I don't watch it, I can see why it can be appealing - the winter sports can be pretty cool like the skiing, etc. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014