"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

A Computer Game Idea. (Help wanted)

Started by Faiyloe, April 05, 2014, 01:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UNKN0WN

Quote from: Faiyloe on April 11, 2014, 10:28:16 PM
Quote from: Faiyloe on April 11, 2014, 02:54:43 PM
It means that I was unsure weather or not you were going to do that particular task. If there is anything on there that you would like me to change please tell me.

*facepalm* the answer was directly below.  :(

Faiyloe

That applies to you as well Unknown if you would like me to change anything please tell me.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Romsca

What would the background artist do?

Faiyloe

Well some one wold have to make the background. The Background Artist would Draw the Background for each room/place.  It would have to match exactly to the Pixel dimensions that we pick for the game.

Romsca

Okay, I think I'd be able to do that!

Faiyloe

Great. thanks I needed someone to do that.

Jetthebinturong

I notice I'm not down for helping with plot

Also I need some kind of framework for the dialogue as in, what's supposed to be going on in that scene. It would also be nice to know what you were hoping to get out of LORE
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Faiyloe

Well for the people who are helping with plot a lore it would be good to figure out where each level will take place.

there would be a cut seen with the intro which would take place at the castle.

level one would start just outside the city gates. soon after you start you would meet the monk.

Level Two would be in the forest and Elvin towns.

A level after that would be in the mountains.

that is about as far as I got with the plot.     

Romsca

So...

Is this game going to be side scrolling like this?

Or will the view be from above like this?

Faiyloe

Romsca

Feles

Ravensword and skyrim
you're game is so similar to them both
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Rusvul

There's no problem with similarity (Mechanically, thematically, in your narrative, or otherwise) as long as it isn't just a clone of another game. As an example, Terraria and Starbound are very similar visually and in many ways mechanically. But they have a few key differences.

In this specific context, I would disagree.
I've never even heard of Ravensword, so I can't speak to that, however this game and Skyrim have almost nothing in common mechanically. A sidescrolling, level-based, story-driven, single main character RPG is just about as different as you can get from a 3D open-world adventuring RPG. And thematically, I see few similarities. And anyways- Skyrim has an aesthetic not seen in many games, but I'm not thinking of a single concept originally from Skyrim present here. Elves, Trolls, and Dragons have all been present long beforehand. Quests aren't from Skyrim either- RPGs had existed long before the release of the first Elder Scrolls game, in 1994.

I'm not sure exactly where you're drawing similarities, but I'm curious. Care to explain more? (About Ravensword, perhaps?)

Faiyloe

I haven't played either of them really and if you guys are still willing to help I'm still doing this.

Blaggut

I could help with level design, as long as you don't make me do any art.  :P

I've have a lot of video game ideas, so I think about level building a lot, and may be able to help.

Please can I help?  ;D
~Just a soft space boi~