News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Doctor Who Season 6 2011 (Spoilers Alert)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, August 14, 2011, 03:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Two weeks. Two weeks until the premiere of "Let's Kill Hitler".

The Doctor has left behind Amy and Rory and is in pursuit of Madame Kovarian and Melody Pond with the TARDIS. River Song has given him a new meaning of the word 'doctor'; a word which means mighty warrior. The Doctor has killed so many now, he's not the old man with the blue box anymore. He's fought so many battles over his life, the adventures he's been on have taken him down roads he hasn't wanted to journey on.
So, August 27 is the premiere date.
To open any discussion, the Battle of Demons Run:

Demons run when a good man goes to war
Night will fall and drown in sun
When a good man goes to war
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and the dark will rise
When a good man goes to war
Demons run but count the cost
The battles won but the child is lost
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Lily

I can't wait!

I like that poem. I thought it interesting, though, that The Doctor doesn't consider himself a good man. Remember the conversation he had with Madam Kovarian:

The Doctor: Oh, look, I'm angry. That's new. I'm really not sure what's going to happen now.
Madame Kovarian: The anger of a good man is not a problem. Good men... have too many rules.
The Doctor: Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.

What do you think? Is the Doctor a good man? I personally think he is. Whatever he's done in his past doesn't matter, as far as I'm concerned. He's saved the entire universe, the entirety of time itself, many times and put himself at risk to do it. He's even died ten(ish) times.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

As for the Doctor being a good man, I'd call him one. The pursuit of justice just has its affects. He just wants to travel, to see the universe, it just never works out that way.

I'd say "A Good Man Goes to War" has been the best episode since Matt Smith has been the Eleventh Doctor. I preferred the Tenth Doctor, myself.
The Doctor collecting up on his debts isn't a small matter. And the woman who stuck around to side with him. I guess she shared in the common fate that the friends of the Doctor receive, which was a popular theme in season four.
Might have been why I liked it, it had a lot of the older themes in it.

And what about the Daleks? I'm curious if they'll make an appearance, with their new shiny colors. They're not dead from the destruction of the universe incident if I'm not mistaken.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away