News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Microsoft bought Mojang!

Started by Izeroth, September 16, 2014, 12:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izeroth

You basically back up your minecraft files by making copies of them all. I hope Microsoft don't mess anything up, but if they do I want a fail safe.

BadgerLordFiredrake

at least it's not Facebook buying Minecraft
baby turtle forever

Izeroth

Quote from: BadgerLordFiredrake on September 19, 2014, 08:08:53 PM
at least it's not Facebook buying Minecraft

What would Facebook even do with Minecraft???

Gonff the Mousethief

New Facebook game: Craftmine, just a step up from FarmVille!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

CaptainRocktree

So How exactly do you back up your files? like in steps please. I'm not very techy when it comes to files. Strange though I can create websites,Minecraft mods.Servers and such just can't do files....  :-\
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Izeroth

Just make copies of your minecraft files.

CaptainRocktree

Quote from: Izeroth on September 19, 2014, 10:14:58 PM
Just make copies of your minecraft files.

What do you mean "Copies"?
J.R.R Tolkien

Tam and Martin

I don't play any minecraft but I assume this is a bad thing.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

CaptainRocktree

J.R.R Tolkien

Izeroth

Right click on the mc file, hit copy, then paste the copied file somewhere else...

CaptainRocktree

A good post My the LA times regarding this matter! Very helpful!

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-microsoft-minecraft-20140916-story.html
J.R.R Tolkien

Rusvul

Right, here's how you'd copy your game files.

Press Windows key + R, and type in '%appdata%'

That opens up your Roaming folder. Inside you will find a bunch of files, look for a folder called '.minecraft' Right click on it, and select 'Copy.' Go to your desktop (Or anywhere else you want the backup) and right click where you want the backup to go. Select 'Paste' and your backup will be created. It's probably a good idea to rename it to something like 'Minecraft [date] backup' or something, but that's not required or anything.

CaptainRocktree

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on September 20, 2014, 02:13:39 AM

That opens up your Roaming folder. Inside you will find a bunch of files, look for a folder called '.minecraft' Right click on it, and select 'Copy.' Go to your desktop (Or anywhere else you want the backup) and right click where you want the backup to go. Select 'Paste' and your backup will be created. It's probably a good idea to rename it to something like 'Minecraft [date] backup' or something, but that's not required or anything.
Ok Thanks I renamed mine Minecraft Backups. Quick question when you have backup folders can't you send that to a person letting them have a "Free Minecraft" Which is copyright?
J.R.R Tolkien

Izeroth

Quote from: CaptainRocktree on September 20, 2014, 02:18:14 AM

Ok Thanks I renamed mine Minecraft Backups. Quick question when you have backup folders can't you send that to a person letting them have a "Free Minecraft" Which is copyright?

You could, but I think it would only be for your account, and unless you're willing to let your friends use your account they still need to buy the game..

Rusvul

Quote from: CaptainRocktree on September 20, 2014, 02:18:14 AM

Short answer is no, not without cracking the game. You can't run the game without an account unless you try to break it (which can be done) but then you can't play multiplayer or recieve updates, mostly making it pointless.