News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Microsoft bought Mojang!

Started by Izeroth, September 16, 2014, 12:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

But if the updates turn out to contain bogus content, then it won't be much of a loss.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

I don't know why Mojang would sell it. Surely, they would make more in the long run.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

It wasn't Mojang who sold it; it was Notch. Team Mojang had no say in the matter, and their jobs hang in the balance. :-\
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

So far, I haven't seen a single update that anyone claimed to be significant that had bogus content. (SERIOUSLY! 1.8 has SO MANY CHANGES TO COMMAND BLOCKS!! IT'S AWESOME!)

And you still couldn't play multiplayer. Which in my book, defeats the purpose of actually playing the game.

@Delthion: Mojang has sold a total of 16,742,674 copies of the PC version of Minecraft. The game sells for $26.95, that amounts to roughly 452,052,198. Minecraft has been released since 2009, so that's 452 million dollars made in 5 years. Not bad, that's a lot of money.

Microsoft is offering them 2.5 BILLION. That's slightly more than five times as much as Mojang has ever made.

I think Mojang has made a good business decision, let's hope it's beneficial for the game as well.

The Skarzs

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on September 20, 2014, 04:44:05 AM
So far, I haven't seen a single update that anyone claimed to be significant that had bogus content. (SERIOUSLY! 1.8 has SO MANY CHANGES TO COMMAND BLOCKS!! IT'S AWESOME!)
I meant in the future, with Microsoft controlling it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

CaptainRocktree

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on September 20, 2014, 04:28:20 AM
Quote from: CaptainRocktree on September 20, 2014, 02:18:14 AM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on September 20, 2014, 02:13:39 AM
Right, here's how you'd copy your game files.

Press Windows key + R, and type in '%appdata%'

That opens up your Roaming folder. Inside you will find a bunch of files, look for a folder called '.minecraft' Right click on it, and select 'Copy.' Go to your desktop (Or anywhere else you want the backup) and right click where you want the backup to go. Select 'Paste' and your backup will be created. It's probably a good idea to rename it to something like 'Minecraft [date] backup' or something, but that's not required or anything.
Ok Thanks I renamed mine Minecraft Backups. Quick question when you have backup folders can't you send that to a person letting them have a "Free Minecraft" Which is copyright?
Short answer is no, not without cracking the game. You can't run the game without an account unless you try to break it (which can be done) but then you can't play multiplayer or recieve updates, mostly making it pointless.
Not really I have some friends who do it (Not saying its good both me,my bro and my dad have paid accounts or Premium accounts) But they are types of servers called "cracked servers" which allow people with "cracked" Minecraft accounts to play.
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Izeroth

I think it's always better to buy the game, because premium lets you use more servers. Not to mention the fact that Microsoft might start "cracking down" on cracked accounts.

CaptainRocktree

Quote from: Izeroth on September 20, 2014, 03:46:41 PM
I think it's always better to buy the game, because premium lets you use more servers. Not to mention the fact that Microsoft might start "cracking down" on cracked accounts.
Ha ha yah
J.R.R Tolkien

Rusvul

Quote from: CaptainRocktree on September 20, 2014, 03:17:13 PM

That opens up your Roaming folder. Inside you will find a bunch of files, look for a folder called '.minecraft' Right click on it, and select 'Copy.' Go to your desktop (Or anywhere else you want the backup) and right click where you want the backup to go. Select 'Paste' and your backup will be created. It's probably a good idea to rename it to something like 'Minecraft [date] backup' or something, but that's not required or anything.
Ok Thanks I renamed mine Minecraft Backups. Quick question when you have backup folders can't you send that to a person letting them have a "Free Minecraft" Which is copyright?
Short answer is no, not without cracking the game. You can't run the game without an account unless you try to break it (which can be done) but then you can't play multiplayer or recieve updates, mostly making it pointless.
Not really I have some friends who do it (Not saying its good both me,my bro and my dad have paid accounts or Premium accounts) But they are types of servers called "cracked servers" which allow people with "cracked" Minecraft accounts to play.
Yes, yes, cracked servers DO exist, but for the most part they're lower quality, more difficult to set up, and I wouldn't trust anyone on such a server- If I could even be convinced to log on. Buying the game lets you have the game, cracking it lets you have a sort of broken shell that isn't actually worth anything.

CaptainRocktree

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on September 20, 2014, 06:24:23 PM
Quote from: CaptainRocktree on September 20, 2014, 03:17:13 PM

Yes, yes, cracked servers DO exist, but for the most part they're lower quality, more difficult to set up, and I wouldn't trust anyone on such a server- If I could even be convinced to log on. Buying the game lets you have the game, cracking it lets you have a sort of broken shell that isn't actually worth anything.
Yeah I agree with you. Thats why me my Dad and my bro all have Premium Mc accounts I personally dont think having a cracked account is worth it. Also do any of you play on a good Mc server?
J.R.R Tolkien

The Mask

Aye, Cubic Worlds, it's a great little PG vanilla server.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

The Skarzs

Yep; Pickaxis. It's got a lot of different things, like sky block, sky wars, survival, and creative worlds. It's really well directed and fun to play. (The IP is play.pickaxis.com.play)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

CaptainRocktree

Hmmm. Ill have to check those out!
This server needs like a Minecraft server for everyone to play on (Not saying its gotta be Redwall) We can list are Fav. Serves and vote perhaps?
J.R.R Tolkien

CaptainRocktree

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 21, 2014, 01:41:25 AM
Yep; Pickaxis. It's got a lot of different things, like sky block, sky wars, survival, and creative worlds. It's really well directed and fun to play. (The IP is play.pickaxis.com.play)
Sorry for double post.
Ok cool server I checked it out! Though I could only find people on skyblock? May I ask where you play? Btw my names Logos03
J.R.R Tolkien

The Skarzs

I don't play very much, but when I do it's in Creative.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.