News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Anybody played X-COM?

Started by Wylder Treejumper, October 17, 2014, 02:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

And not the new Enemy Unknown. That's trash. I mean the old UFO or Terror From the Deep.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Cornflower MM

Rusvul

If I'm not mistaken, it's a game designed to be very tactical and, from what I've heard, frustratingly difficult. Don't really know any details though.

Wylder Treejumper

Rus has got it right... If very understated. XCOM is an old turnbased strategy game. It is about humans going to war with aliens. The original is XCOM: UFO defense if you  are in the US or just UFO in the UK. The second one, which I play, is XCOM Terror From the Deep in both countries.

The game is impossibly hard. I have played for seven years and have never gotten past about two-thirds through the game... On easy, saving every turn so that I can redo if something goes wrong. It's frustrating, yes, but also incredibly fun.

It's an old game, so I didn't expect anyone (excepting Rus, maybe) to have heard of it, but you never know...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.