News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Manga/Anime

Started by Maudie, November 29, 2014, 06:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

There are two ways to read that first sentence, albeit, the way I read and understood it may make more sense if there was a comma after the first, "And." At that point I thought a new independent statement was being made, seemingly acknowledging my statement before making a comment on another character which would've made perfect sense if said clauses were actually independent. Regardless, there is nothing to be added to the actual conversation at hand here.

Quote from: Banya on March 31, 2019, 04:33:13 PM
In how many series is the main character your favorite, anyway?

Actually, Fairy Tail, OPM, and (though it's not technically anime) The Last Airbender (who's main character my friend and I would argue could really be Zuko) all contain protagonists that I personally found to be fantastic (to the point of favorite-hood). Natsu, though similar to Deku in some of his tropes, is a far more flexible character with more variance in responses (as well as being someone that's actually amusing). Saitama is the primary source of hilarity and feels so relatable despite how clearly unobtainable his power is.

There are a few more I could name as favorites or close to favorite, but I'm sure you get the point  ;). I understand your point, as the main character of the story very commonly becomes more the method of delivery instead of a fully unique individual, I just think that there are some people that utilize both of those aspects so well I have a hard time not liking them immensely.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Jukka the Sling

Anyone else seen The Promised Neverland?

I just finished the first season available and it is amazing.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jukka the Sling

Has anyone else been following Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba)?  Episode nineteen blew up all over the internet when it was released a few weeks ago, and it deserves it.   This show, guys, this show.  The characters, the storyline, the artwork, the feels... it's incredible.

Please say I'm not the only one here who's watching it...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

One-Eye the wildcat

Um... I like a netflix anime called Aggretsuko...
(not sure if that counts...)
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Thanquol

That upcoming Uzumaki adaption looks pretty good.

Jukka the Sling

@One-Eye the wildcat  I have a friend who really likes that one.

Soooo... MyAnimeList is both a blessing and a curse.  Keeping track of everything I've seen is cool, but I also get to know how much time I've wasted spent on anime. >.>

So far, the ones I've completed (as in, seen every episode available, plus OVAs) are:

Fullmetal Alchemist (dub)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (dub)
The Promised Neverland (sub)
Attack on Titan (dub mostly, but some sub)
Violet Evergarden (sub; haven't seen the movie though)
Mob Psycho 100 (dub)  edit: okay, I lied.  apparently there are a couple OVAs for this one that I forgot about and haven't seen)
Noragami (sub)

...Okay, that looks so paltry when you aren't counting separate seasons as their own show like MAL does, but it's somewhere around 264 episodes.

And of course, I'm in the middle of several others.  Feel free to discuss any of these with me on my ask thread!

Kade Rivok

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on April 13, 2019, 09:17:45 PM

I've read some of the manga.  Didn't get far into it, but it's certainly interesting.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Kade Rivok on November 06, 2019, 10:02:35 PM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on April 13, 2019, 09:17:45 PM

I've read some of the manga.  Didn't get far into it, but it's certainly interesting.
It really is!  I even got my mom to watch it, and she really enjoyed it.  I'm trying to read the manga from where the show left off, but I haven't gotten too far yet.