News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

I dare you... to hit paste in the replies.

Started by SilentSam, December 02, 2014, 09:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feles

I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Hickory

Name:
Nickname? (Optional):
Age (in seasons) (they should be thirteen seasons/years older than they were in the sequel):
Species:
Side (Good or bad, please. Let's limit the neutrals unless said character has a known reason to be so.):
Appearance (include clothing and weapons as well as physical appearance):
Personality:
Other:
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Feles

I am Bobracha!

Hickory

Hickory

Feles

I am Bobracha!

Hickory

Feles

What did you just put in my recommendeds...
I am Bobracha!

Hickory

Luftwaffles

~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Groddil

The adversarial and inquisitorial systems are two legal systems in-use across the world today, and are among the most  popular and successful systems of trial. The adversarial system, which is currently used in Australia, primarily focuses on trial by jury, where twelve randomly-selected members of the public decide the verdict of a case, with each side being represented by lawyers who argue their side's case in an attempt to convince the jury that they are in the right. The judge's role in adversarial trials is to act as an umpire, ensuring that the trial remains fair, and to deliver sentencing. The inquisitorial system, which is in-use in several European countries, such as France and Bulgaria, does not have a jury. Instead, the judge plays a major role in questioning witnesses, deciding the verdict, and delivering sentencing. There have been several recent criticisms of the adversarial system, pointing out several flaws that prevents it from being a faultless way of achieving justice. Several of these flaws include jurors not being experienced enough or not understanding several more technical pieces of evidence, as well as the fact that cases are often decided based on who has the better legal representation. Despite these flaws, making the change to a new legal system, such as the inquisitorial system, would be costly, time-consuming, and would most likely still have problems. While the adversarial system needs to be improved, replacing it entirely is not a good solution.

Hickory

Whereupon the bartender reads: "Panda. Large black-and-white bearlike mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves."

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Feles

I am Bobracha!