News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Guosim

Started by Redwall Musician, August 23, 2011, 03:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on January 28, 2014, 04:02:03 PM
Quote from: Tam and Martin on January 28, 2014, 02:08:10 AM
Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on January 28, 2014, 01:35:22 AM
Quote from: The Skarzs on January 28, 2014, 12:52:57 AM
Much quoting
ya ;)
I can't help it  ;D
Nor can I ;D
Quotequotequotequotequote!!!

I like the log-a-log from Rakkety Tam.
That's the way to settle things, with democratic and sensible debate.
Aye. It looked so democratic and sensible, I thought they were all going to knock each others heads off!

-Log-a-Log and Tam!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

So, I know people have been curious on the log boats that the Guosim use, and look what I found:

Logboat!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

I always saw The Guosim as Brian's subtle way of poking fun at America. With our democratic debates (Arguments) and policies that make no sense.

And even a American has to admit that its hilariously similar.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Wylder Treejumper

^^Well, that was beyond me.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Hickory

@Skarz: Uh, that may be how Brian first envisoined them but later on in the books they start getting described as proper boats, especially in Loamhedge. Just saying, it's still a nice photo.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

*Grabs Sage by the shirt.* It'safreakinglogboatsodealwithit.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

Hate to break it to you Skarzs, but "true" logboats don't have afts or prows.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

The Skarzs

You lot are impossible.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Eulaliaaa!

It also states multiple times that the logboats have seats in them. Well Skarzs, looks like this one won't work, you're gonna have to find another photo  ;D
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

rrrrr

How does that work? I tried drawing them.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

SoranMBane

Well, in Marlfox the Guosim actually replace their logboats with new boats:

Quote from: Dippler at the end of Marlfox[...] No more logboats fer us, we're goin' to build new vessels, light an' swift an' easy t' carry overland. [...]

Maybe before that they actually had true logboats, but afterwards they've actually been using regular boats, but just kept calling them "logboats" out of habit?

Hickory

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on September 26, 2015, 12:57:00 AM
It also states multiple times that the logboats have seats in them. Well Skarzs, looks like this one won't work, you're gonna have to find another photo  ;D
Not to be nitpicky, but those "seats" were just planks wedged in the hull.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Eulaliaaa!

I know that they were just planks, it's not like they were big, cozy chairs with armrests and cushions.  :P
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.