News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

My Tribute

Started by Søren, January 16, 2015, 04:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

This is my tribute to the forum. To all the people on here that have made it to what it is, and what it's done for me. And as I have just made my 500th general board post, and have been classified a Hero Member, I want to make my "Hero Board" a little special. I've prepared a few words for each (or most of, at least) of you who have made a big impression on me. Without further ado:

Delthion

You are perhaps the most likable and fun person on here. You've been and incredible person to know, and to be around. Your just that kind of person, the kind of person that isn't judgmental or stuck-up. Your just kind and happy with everyone. And that's why everyone like you, why we're all your friends.
[close]

Jukka the Sling

You're maybe the most balanced and, well, calm person on the forum. Your dedicated to what your beliefs are, but you respect others. Your posts are always thoughtful and meaningful. Your always knowledgable of things, and ready to explain something. Your also one of the kindest and most understanding people on the forum.
[close]

Jasper

Jasper, you are perhaps the smartest and most ingenious person on the forum. You made the Matches Made in Heaven (Something everyone loves, even though not all will admit it.) Your posts are well thought out and reasonable. Especially with Overlords Orders. You might even be the best overlord yet! Your just the kind of person who is fun while maintaining your maturity. Very hard to do on the forum ;)
[close]

Lady Amber

You are one of the kindest, most understanding, and patient persons on the forum. Your always kind, I don't recall you ever getting mad at someone on here. And even though I wasn't the greatest prom date, you still didn't ditch me :P. Your very fun and sweet and kind, and that makes you just such an awesome forum member.
[close]
Mask

Mask, you're the only person I know who likes to have a black eye. Your funny and smart, but you always kind. Your in tune with the other members, you keep track of them. Without you, the forum wouldn't nearly be as fun as it is. You just bring a life an and energy to it that sometimes is lacking. Your just that kind of person, the kind that lights up the room when they enter!
[close]

Rainshadow

Rain, you could be the most exciting person on the forum. Your practically never mad, you're an assassin at forum games. Your always upbeat and positive. You love telling others about yourself and your interests, and you love sharing those interests.
[close]

BlueRose

I think you were the first to call me Ren-Chan (a name I still only understand 50% of). Your always fun and exciting, and know what people like. (You made the prom.) You enhance the forum in more ways then you realize. Not only do you make great posts, but you give Rain someone to talk anime with ;)
[close]

The Mask

Man, your about as cool an IRL life can get. You live in Australia, that's awesome. You've been to India and China, at least. You've been where Life of Pi was filmed! (At least partly.) And your such a great person to have on the forum. Your posts are great, and you even got adopted by a (albeit strange) cool internet family!
[close]

The Skarzs

Skarzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Still an awesome username. And your an awesome forum member. You are...well, direct. ;) You're straight up in an awesome way and your a great friend to the people who are your friends. And your hobby, wow! I mean, blacksmithing is hard work! And your great at it!
[close]

Cornflower MM

You are an inspiration to all of us. Your positive all the time, and you love people! And you love chickens! And raise them! Chickens! But you such a positive person, when your angry it seems completely out of place. It's just we're so used to you being the one to come in and giving the right compliment and encouragement, at the right time.
[close]

LT Sandpaw

Sandpaw, you are a super cool dude. Your a junior pilot! Your great at role playing and OO! Your an amazing guy like that. You got your cousin to join! That's really hard to do. Your such a smart and witty guy that your presence basically enhances everyone else!
[close]

Leatho Shellhound

Leatho, you're the best artist on the forum. You have amazing skill! Your photoshop stuff is awesome too! Your artwork is so close to you, it just flows from you, and that makes it better! You're also one of the sanest and coolest members on here!
[close]

SilentSam

Sam, your one of the funniest members on here. Your witty and creative, and your always upbuilding to the people around you. I'm not sure of another person I would rather have to cheer me up. Your just so good that way.
[close]

rusvelthesaber

Rus, you know more about PCs and building computers then anyone else on this forum. Your extremely smart, and a very deep thinker. You like Star Trek, which is great so I'm not the only one besides Del. Your funny and original, and that makes you such a great member.
[close]

James Gryphon

Ok, so your older then most members of the forum. That's what a moderator should be, more mature and informed then the members. And your such a great moderator too. You settle disputes and propose topics. You even fit in with us in the Cellars! And make sure it doesn't go full-blown mad house!
[close]

Russa Nodrey

Your posts are always fun and extremely funny. You ask the questions that need to be asked: "Do you like rotten peas?" Your a kind and caring person on the forum. Your such an awesome person and its been great to know you.
[close]

PluggFiretail

Plugg, your probably the bravest and most original member on the forum. Your not daunted by thing like people teasing and things like that. Like with you on the balcony during the prom. That was so cool! Plus, your incredibly intelligent, your funny! You are one of the forum members that I respect the most.
[close]

Skyblade

You are an amazing person Sky. You're so positive and so upbuilding to all the other members. And when your sad, or angry, it's never for very long. You are the best person I know to be nice, kind, funny and encouraging when it's called for. And that makes you such a great addition to the forum.
[close]

Izeroth

You are one of the coolest members of the forum. Your not only smart,  but your never boring. You are the kind of personality every forum needs. You are incredible at roleplays. Your just such a great member!
[close]

If your not listed here, I probably either don't know you well enough or forgot to put you in. But all of you have had such an impact on me. It's been so great being here, and hopefully will stay that way for years to come.

I'm retired from the forum

BlueRose

Awww, thanks, Ren-chan! That's sweet of you.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on January 16, 2015, 04:06:17 PM
Jukka the Sling

You're maybe the most balanced and, well, calm person on the forum. Your dedicated to what your beliefs are, but you respect others. Your posts are always thoughtful and meaningful. Your always knowledgable of things, and ready to explain something. Your also one of the kindest and most understanding people on the forum.
[close]
Wow, thank you. In real life, though, I'm not really that calm. A lot of times I've been tempted to say something rude on here, but my mom dissuaded me. :P
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

LT Sandpaw

Hey that's nice of you to put all that about everyone, ;D Maybe this will become a cliché thing like ask me. Grant it will be hard to think up compliments for so many great people.
Great job at becoming Hero member I hope to see you around the forum for a long time still

:)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Delthion

Thanks! This must have taken longer to build than the Forums themselves! ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Russa Nodrey

^I agree.

This is really cool! :D
Freddy

Delthion

LT Sandpaw

Sandpaw, you are a super cool dude. Your a junior pilot! Your great at role playing and OO! Your an amazing guy like that. You got your cousin to join! That's really hard to do. Your such a smart and witty guy that your presence basically enhances everyone else!
[close]

I must agree that he is very good at OO. I am desperately trying to stay alive. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Søren

Thanks guys.
Quote from: Delthion on January 16, 2015, 05:31:24 PM
LT Sandpaw

[close]

I must agree that he is very good at OO. I am desperately trying to stay alive. ;D
You read all of them? Wow.
I suppose the reason I made this was because before, when I left, I never felt like a member of the group. Like I was on the outside looking in. I actually don't feel like that anymore.

Rainshadow

Rainshadow

Rain, you could be the most exciting person on the forum. Your practically never mad, you're an assassin at forum games. Your always upbeat and positive. You love telling others about yourself and your interests, and you love sharing those interests.
[close]

Okay, I have to admit, I grinned and started blushing when I read that.  I'm actually still smiling currently, so thanks for that.  :D

I gotta say, though, while on here I hold my temper, in real life, I get mad quite often.  I just have time to think out what I want to say and say it in a more polite manner when I'm typing it, not saying it.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: Delthion on January 16, 2015, 05:31:24 PM
LT Sandpaw

[close]

Haha thanks, to tell you the truth I'm afraid of getting ruined by a slight mistake I made but either way thanks, I really want to be Overlord for a round and try out an idea I have for the game so getting past you and James is going to be a nightmare  ;D ;D ;D

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Maudie

*Gasp.* HOW COULD YOU FORGET ME?!?!

I thought I was more memorable...

EDIT: Oops... Missed that. :P
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Skarzs

He didn't. You're the fifth one down.

Thank you for those words, Soren; I'm glad we all could have made an impact upon you. :)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

Aaaah...thanks Sorrey. :D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Søren

Sure, you guys are awesome! :D

Skyblade

This is very thoughtful of you, Soren. Thank you for this; I like it a lot. And thank you for being who you are, a great member :)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!