News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

You Know You're Obsessed with Middle-earth When...

Started by Jukka the Sling, January 30, 2015, 01:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

47: When someone proposes to you, you reach a quavering hand out towards the ring and then break out into your best Galadriel impression, including "all shall love me and despair!" (I didn't actually think this one up; I saw it online.)

48: When you have an operation to get Elf ears.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

49. When you plan to one day travel to New Zealand and Open a Donut shop called "Second Breakfast". You will name different flavors on LotR characters and you will cal Donut-holes Hobbits and day-olds Gollums.
50. You buy Glamdring, Gimli's Axe, and Sting, and make your friends LARP with you
51. When you have a huge Middle Earth map on your wall and you have plotted everywhere something has taken place.

I got the idea of 49 online, and I have done 50 and 51.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Jukka the Sling

52:  When you know that Fíli and Kíli's mom was named Dís.

53:  When you know that Dís is pronounced 'Deese' (the 'e' being silent).

54:  When you know how to pronounce just about any Elvish word thrown at you.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

CaptainRocktree

55: When you can have full conversations in Elvish  ;D.

56: When you know the calendar and days of the week in Elvish..
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Lady Amber

57: When you can recall the years in which important events happened in Middle-earth.

58: When you translate the songs in the books into Elvish.

The Skarzs

59. When you heckle the movies nonstop for everything they missed, got wrong, left out, forgot, or completely disregarded. (Like the orcs traveling in the middle of the day in the first Hobbit movie. Blasphemy!)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Izeroth

60: When the mere mention of Tauriel's name fills you with a burning desire for vengeance and destruction. When you know the names of all the regions of Middle Earth, and can recite them in alphabetical order.

Vilu Daskar

When you only read LoTR over and over and over. (My sister does this.)
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Delthion

How many times has she read it? I am trying to reread it and this will be my fifth time. If it is successful. Or fifth time of the series, sixth time of the Fellowship of the Ring.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Vilu Daskar

I have no idea she'll read some then stop for a few weeks then read some more.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Jukka the Sling

62:  When you're rather annoyed by the fact that quite a few of the newest Hobbit fics on ff.net involve Kili falling in love with a random girl who drops in from the real world.

63:  When you try to figure out exactly why Tauriel would have feelings for Kili.

64:  When you visit New Zealand and go to Hobbiton.  (My dad and brother are actually in NZ right now, and yesterday they got to go to Hobbiton!  I'm so jealous.)

CaptainRocktree

64:  When you visit New Zealand and go to Hobbiton.  (My dad and brother are actually in NZ right now, and yesterday they got to go to Hobbiton!  I'm so jealous.)
[/quote]
AHH! LUCKY! I want to go so bad! I'm trying to convince my dad to take me  :P.
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: CaptainRocktree on August 20, 2015, 08:21:27 PM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling
64:  When you visit New Zealand and go to Hobbiton.  (My dad and brother are actually in NZ right now, and yesterday they got to go to Hobbiton!  I'm so jealous.)
AHH! LUCKY! I want to go so bad! I'm trying to convince my dad to take me  :P.
Haha, yeah.  My dad's actually from NZ, and he and my nine-year-old brother are there visiting my grandma and great-aunt.

Lady Amber

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on August 20, 2015, 05:59:27 PM
When you only read LoTR over and over and over. (My sister does this.)
Are you saying she reads nothing else but LotR?