News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

You Know You're Obsessed with Middle-earth When...

Started by Jukka the Sling, January 30, 2015, 01:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on April 25, 2017, 12:29:51 AM
69:  When you wouldn't mind marrying an Elf-lord from the Silmarillion (except Fëanor, for obvious reasons). >.>

how dare you Fëanor was awesome
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Delthion

75. When you start walking as silently as possible-- looking for Hobbits whenever you walk in the woods.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

76: When you try to walk upon the snow like an elf. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on May 10, 2017, 04:10:15 AM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on April 25, 2017, 12:29:51 AM
69:  When you wouldn't mind marrying an Elf-lord from the Silmarillion (except Fëanor, for obvious reasons). >.>

how dare you Fëanor was awesome
Yeah, he was, but he was also moderately insane.  Anyone who would invent that Oath and lead the Noldor to their doom would have to be.  No thanks.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

Not insane but if he had known Treebeard everything would have been fine.

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jukka the Sling

Indeed.

77:  When you daydream about being hired as a Tolkien consultant on a TV series, to keep them from egregious canon errors and also to make suggestions for filling in the blanks.  (Let's face it: the Silmarillion would be super hard to make into a TV show because of the huge gaps.  Half of the material would have to be made up.  I honestly think that if they ever try it, they should hire some hardcore Silmarillion fanfic writers to help by providing their headcanons and perspectives on things.)

78:  When you have all kinds of ideas for actors who should be in a Silmarillion show.  (In my opinion, Henry Cavill should play Beren, Ben Barnes should be Túrin, Tom Hiddleston should be Sauron, and Lily James should be Nienor.  *squee*  (An online friend and I have a Pinterest board of cast ideas, btw.))
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on May 13, 2017, 06:08:18 PM
Indeed.

77:  When you daydream about being hired as a Tolkien consultant on a TV series, to keep them from egregious canon errors and also to make suggestions for filling in the blanks.  (Let's face it: the Silmarillion would be super hard to make into a TV show because of the huge gaps.  Half of the material would have to be made up.  I honestly think that if they ever try it, they should hire some hardcore Silmarillion fanfic writers to help by providing their headcanons and perspectives on things.)

78:  When you have all kinds of ideas for actors who should be in a Silmarillion show.  (In my opinion, Henry Cavill should play Beren, Ben Barnes should be Túrin, Tom Hiddleston should be Sauron, and Lily James should be Nienor.  *squee*  (An online friend and I have a Pinterest board of cast ideas, btw.))
Too true.  :D
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Skarzs

79: When you no longer can appreciate other fantasy worlds for their lack of development.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tungro

Quote from: The Skarzs on March 01, 2019, 07:55:43 PM
79: When you no longer can appreciate other fantasy worlds for their lack of development.
Very true (with the exception of Narnia :P)

The Skarzs

That's still not at the same level, in my opinion. I may not be as familiar with all the lore of Narnia, but Tolkien's world of Arda seems to have so much more in it, huge depth and width.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: The Skarzs on March 01, 2019, 10:53:11 PM
That's still not at the same level, in my opinion. I may not be as familiar with all the lore of Narnia, but Tolkien's world of Arda seems to have so much more in it, huge depth and width.
yeah, I agree.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Tungro

Jukka the Sling

80:  When you would seriously reconsider marrying someone if they hated LotR.  (I'm not saying this is what I'd do, it's just a random thing for the list. xD)

81:  When you're more excited for the upcoming Tolkien biopic than Avengers: Endgame.