News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

*groans*

Started by Hickory, February 24, 2015, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Weel, my next fine art at school is... dance. Our dance genre we are doing fo the final performance is jazz/classic/a little modern. So, any tips?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

I'm taking a dance class (ballroom dancing), and we're learning West Coast Swing; last time we learned American Foxtrot. The class is really fun, actually, and I will assure you that learning to dance is not necessarily a bad thing: it is a wholesome activity, and I have been told several times "Girls love boys who can dance."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

Heh. Yeah. I've heard that a lot.

Skyblade

I don't know much about dance but ye know, try to enjoy yourself. If you need to do it, might as well make the most of it.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Mhera

Relax and do your best.

Cornflower MM

Emnjoy yourself, relax, remember you don't have to be prefect, practice, and pay attention. ;) It's easy! (I ought to know, as this is my eighth year of ballet.)

Hickory

Oh. Yeah, there are some girls in the dance class that do ballet, and two students know French.

Lady Ashenwyte

Qu'est-ce que français ont à voir avec cela?

Also, I have dance as a unit too.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on February 25, 2015, 12:22:55 PM
Oh. Yeah, there are some girls in the dance class that do ballet, and two students know French.

Okay,. new rule: The ballet girls are gonna be flexible, and they're likely going to show off a little. Don't compare yourself to them, okay? :) You'll be fine, and it'll be fun!

Wylder Treejumper

Make sure your creepy gym teacher does not take videos. :P
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Hickory

Unimaginative

We just had to choreography for 'Something's Coming' from a West Side Story and for a mash-up from 'Wicked' for a Choir concert. That's not quite dance class, though.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth