Fanfic short story request thread...

Started by Hickory, March 11, 2015, 03:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

I don't really know where to put this... so it'll be here.

The premise is, if you want a fight scene, maybe a feast, funny Dibbun incident, and you choose to have someone else write the scene, I'll do it. I'll get an example up soon...
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Hickory

Example.

Let's say the the request was a feast...

Abbot ____ (we'll name him Phredd) was enjoying the peaceful afternoon. Butterflies flapped their wings, while birds twittered to the blue sky, dotted with clouds. As he walked across the Abbey lawns, the grass sprung back up each time his paw lifted. Folding his paws into the wide habit sleeves, Phredd took a long breath.

The reverie was disturbed by several otters and squirrels hauling a large table out onto the west lawns. Skipper Gandif and his friend, Ottercook Toran, were among them. With grunts of exertion, the group set the table down on the lawns. Phredd glided serenly over to them, remarking to Toran. "Looks like you've got a rogue mousebabe on your leg there, friend."

The mousebabe Carrul glanced up and Toran's homely face. "Please don't maka me leave, please." The ottercook chuckled. "Hohoho, I would never make you, Carrul. But you might want to go take a bath or you won' be attending the feast!"
The babe dashed of to the Abbey, nearly knocking over two slightly older creatures, both friends. Setiva and Portula glared back at him before skipping to Hadin, the leader of Mossflower squirrels. He had just finished adjusting the table when he was set upon by the maids. "Hadin, when will the feast be?" "Yes, sir, when will the feast be held?"

"Ha, it will never be held with you complaining like that. Go help Mother Gurvel set out the food, why dont you. The time will pass faster."

The two maids glanced at each other before dashing off. Phredd watched them for a minute, then turned back to Hadin, who was now accompanied by Skipper. "Hadin, Skip, how many mre tables are to be brought out?" Skipper promptly answered. "Well, Abbot sir, we've only to move out the smaller tables for the liddle 'uns to dine on. They won't take long, I assure you."

Phredd did not doubt the brawny otter's word. Thanking them, he turned and choose to go to where the activities were to be held. Two teen creatures, Weld and Gelf, were setting up an obstacle course. Upon seeing the Abbot, they left off putting up a hurdle and greeted him. "Afternoon, Father. The contruction s going as planned. We'll have the other stands up within the hour."
"Aye sir, Weld's calculations are never wrong. With a little barriers for the races, we'll be done sooner then you can blink!"

The hedgehog smiled at them and replied. "Of course, your word is a good as any. Please, as soon as your done, join us in feasting." The two beasts nodded and went about their work.

So as you can see, this isn't a full scene. If it was a request, I would go on to the actual feasting event, and maybe the food if the person requests.

Skyblade

Great work Sage, as I already know you're a very good writer ^^ This is a nice idea.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Hickory

So... any requests? Maybe I should post another example...

Mhera

I haven't thought of a request yet, but I was wondering if your stories had to feature only OCs or if you'll do canon characters as well?

Hickory

It doesn't matter. I only used Phredd becasue I needed an Abbot name.

If you want a request, pleas fil out the sheet.

Scene location:
Type of scene (battle, feast, etc.):
Characters who appear (name and rank):
Other:

LT Sandpaw

An interesting idea, maybe you should do this like a contest but as for a request, I'd like a first day on the job type thing here I'll show you.

Scene location: The shores of Salamandastron

Type of scene : A recruitment scene, the new recruits from the mountain on their first day of training.

Characters who appear: Sergeant Nayscut (Male), Captain Heatherfield (Female) Ten recruits (Your choice)

Other: They will be learning basic things such and how to stand in line and basic marching commands and will be getting yelled at a lot.

See what you can do with that Sage ;)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Rainshadow

Me likey this idea.  Therefore, me have a request, but me don't know if you would particularly care to do this, as it's kind of sad/depressing.  (Basically, me thinking of a death scene with one character cradling the dying character and comforting them and stuff.)  Is you fine with that type of request, or does you not want to do that?

(Whoa, painful grammar in this post, right?  ;D)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Hickory

Okay Sandpaw, this is what I have so far. What should I change/add?

The warm, shifting sands of the west coast ground under the paws of ten recruits. Their red uniforms were pelted with specks of sand. Constantly wiping their eyes clear of grit, the recruits tried hard to not to grind their teeth in frustration as the Sarn't yelled out. "Yew walloping green-backed recruits better pick up those paws, or it'll be double mess duties tonight! Hi'll have your gut fer garters and yer tails fer tea. That's right, lef' right, lef' right..."
A young recruit, Yundgri, whispered to his companion. "By the left, the Sarge has had us doing this bally old marching for hours. Wonder when he'll let up?"
"When you let up that mouth, young Yundgri! Now behave yourselves, Hi'm going to have a word with the Cap'n!"

Without further ado, Sergeant Nayscut raced ahead to speak with Captain Heatherfeild. Perched on a high rock, she watched the Sergeant kick up sand as he approached. "Well well, Sarge, you'll certainly have them reach the mountain in the next hour. Why did you march 'em out so far?"
"Because, marm, 'Is'Nibs wanted a patrol today. Said Hi was to take 'em out farther then normal, and keep a steady eye out for vermin."
"And did you see any?"
"Nope, the woodlands were as quiet as the dormitories at midnight. Not a wisp of vermin. Even headed out a little bit to check on the old water rat camp, but we didn't see anythin'."
"Very well. Looks like Daugherty's messin' about, I'd go check on him if I was you."

Gonff the Mousethief

Quote from: Rainshadow on March 17, 2015, 09:00:38 PM
 Me likey this idea.  Therefore, me have a request, but me don't know if you would particularly care to do this, as it's kind of sad/depressing.  (Basically, me thinking of a death scene with one character cradling the dying character and comforting them and stuff.)  Is you fine with that type of request, or does you not want to do that?

(Whoa, painful grammar in this post, right?  ;D)
Rain that's a good idea! Anyway, Cool idea Lord Tip! I won't burden you will another request, but I may in the future.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Hickory

Rain, read Hunger Games. The scene with Rue, as she's dying.  ;)

Hickory

Here you go rain. A little monster horror thrown in.

Stumbling through the undergrowth, Liz almost tripped over Adam. He was lying on the ground, covered in mud, blood, and sweat. For a second, she dared not touch him. He must be dead, she thought. But as she turned to leave, and head back to the camp, a groan issued from his mouth. Liz almost thought it was from one of the animals in the forest; however, it was Adam. He was so weak and injured that he could barely move. His mud-covered ar was stretched out to her, and she ocould hear him mumbling. She used a clod of wet moss to wipe away the filth on his face, and then he began to speak clearer.

"Liz... that's where..." Here Adam coughed for a few seconds. "... the thing is. Do-don't go that way. It's..." Another fit of coughing. "... the monster." A million images raced through Liz's mind at once. Monster? Like Sasquatch? The swamp thing? She had been warned by her mother when she was young never to go near swamps, but was it too late? Her heart hammered against her chest. "Adam, what is it, exactly?"

"Doesn't matter... go!" And with that, Adam passed away, to what Liz hopedwas a better place then this hellhole of a farm. She added her tears to the conglomeration of material covering Adam.

Cornflower MM

*Claps* Very nice, Sage! I love your writing! I may have a request in the future, but not at the moment. :)

LT Sandpaw

So Gnoff is doing this too and I'm curious to see how you to use the same idea to write a different story so here it is.

I would like to see a short seen where a group of travelers discover one of their group they trusted is a traitor. They have to decide what to do with him/her whether the kill them or let them go, feel free to have any number of other travelers and species.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Alright. D''you like the other one I did for you? I was waiting for feedback so I could add and improve.