News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

That ___ moment when...

Started by Søren, April 06, 2015, 09:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amber

You mean you... couldn't see it at first?

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

The Skarzs

Quote from: Lady Amber on July 05, 2017, 05:21:06 AM
You mean you... couldn't see it at first?
I'm being dramatic.

That "please end my suffering" moment when you remember something you did when you were much younger but even though no one else remembers or knows it's so embarassing now that you want to curl up into a ball so tightly you turn into a black hole that sucks you out of existence.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

That doomful moment when you read Common Sense Media's review of Spider-Man: Homecoming and are now like 99% sure you won't be able to see it because content issues (even though they recommend it for 10+, so idek what this world is coming to).
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rosie Willowwater

That awkward moment when you accidentally narrate your life like you would on the forum

The Skarzs

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on July 05, 2017, 03:30:15 PM
That doomful moment when you read Common Sense Media's review of Spider-Man: Homecoming and are now like 99% sure you won't be able to see it because content issues (even though they recommend it for 10+, so idek what this world is coming to).
What content?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

To quote the MPAA rating, "some language and brief suggestive comments."

Among other things, some girls in the movie apparently play the game Kiss, Marry, Kill... only with something else instead of kissing.

I mean, it isn't like I haven't seen inappropriate stuff on the internet and even in my school books (All Quiet on the Western Front, anyone?), but I'm pretty sure my dad won't see it the same way.

Currently waiting for Plugged In's review because they're more thorough than CSM.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on July 05, 2017, 06:02:40 PM
Among other things, some girls in the movie apparently play the game Kiss, Marry, Kill... only with something else instead of kissing.
Actually that's the original. Kiss is the PG rated version that came later. Also there's one where "kill" is replaced with "cliff" as in chuck off a cliff.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

Huh.  Wonder when the game originated...

Jetthebinturong

Probably some college party.

According to "Know Your Meme," its first appearance on the internet was August 6th, 2007, when user Donovan McFupa submitted the game to Urban Dictionary.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

That helpless moment when your last name is McFupa.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

That completely doomful moment when you and your sister finally ask your dad if you can see a movie but then he hears about the suggestive content and all your hopes and dreams fizzle into nothing.

He's doing this out with our best interests in mind, I know, but that doesn't make it any less disappointing.

The Skarzs

You're going to see some of these movies in a heartbeat when you move out, won't you, Jukka? :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Yeah. :P

Man, I'm such an idiot for whining about this, though.  Some people have real problems.  *slinks out of topic*

The Skarzs

Yeah, like me replacing my wheel bearing four months ago only for the sound to return and for me to replace it again and then have the sound stay and take it out to find that the axle was damaged by the bad bearing so the axle damaged the new bearing which damaged the axle even more which damaged the bearing. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.