Which book is better Taggerung Or Doomwyte

Started by Mad Maudie, September 10, 2011, 01:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

which redwall book do you like best?

Taggerung
Doomwyte

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Plugg Firetail

QuoteJust recalled that Doomwyte had Tugga Bruster in it. He was an interesting character for how unlikable he made himself, which is unusual for a shrew (let alone a goodbeast) in the Redwall series. Also liked the idea of Jeg having a mother, you almost never hear of vermin having family. Anything that gives vermin an added bit of complexity is very welcome given the series is quite powerful when it can make me sympathize with a vermin.

Tugga Bruster wasn't really evil like some people I know say. He was harsh to vermin, killing them while they were surrendering. He actually shows Brians take on vermin being black and woodlanders being white. Why keep vermin alive, their vermin, their evil. I don't agree with it but it's the truth. He steals one of the Doomwyte jewels because he lost face in a insult contest. I wouldn't clasify him as evil.

tomswift123

I have only read Doomwyte and it was really good.

Mad Maudie

Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Redwallfan7

I can't decide, to me, both had their good qualities.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

I have to make sure I come back when I mae up my mind and run through both stories thouroughly.  :)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Oerba

Taggerung is better, in fact Taggerung, The Bellmaker, and Marlfox I believe are the best books in the series.

Ajc3000fox

oh lord.....its hard to compare to books :-[ i'm not gonna choose a favorite becuase they each brought individual things to the table. I can't determine if one is simply "better" then another.
"The way is dangerous, take this." " A gift? Will it protect me?" No, a sword is never a gift. It only brings death. It is a curse and gives you the duty to defend those who cannot defend themselves. I hope one day you will forgive me."

https://www.facebook.com/RedwallSeries

WildDoogyPlumm

Hard decision...I liked them both!  I think I'll have to pick Taggerung, but there were lots of things I loved about Doomwyte, as well.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Dannflower Reguba

I had to say Doomwyte here... It just simply had better plot design, and much more ingenuity. Nothing against Taggerung though.  :)

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Trigoma

Taggerung. The only thing I don't like about Taggerung is the ending...I wanted a huge epic battle D:
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Redwallfan7

I know right? I wonder why Brian didn't add a battle in that book.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rusvul

taggerung is the BEST REDWALL BOOK EVER! er... taggerung and a few others.... as this poll clearly shows.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on August 21, 2012, 06:43:53 PM
taggerung is the BEST REDWALL BOOK EVER! er... taggerung and a few others.... as this poll clearly shows.
I say Mossflower is the best one ever. I immediately knew I was in for something great after I finished chapter one when I was first reading it from my library.

Dannflower Reguba

Hmph, doesn't even come close to the best! Rilflag
Spoiler
DIES!
[close]

I personally reall like Marlfox, and Salamandastron.