News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Roller coaster ride

Started by rrrrr, May 02, 2015, 05:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In Rakkety Tam, the Guosim logboats are rushed down river rapids, I think that would make a good roller coaster (with water!) :) Do you think so?

Yes
7 (70%)
No
1 (10%)
Maybe
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

rrrrr

I think it would be cool to have a roller coaster like that :)

Kind of like the water log rides on some amusement parks but much cooler 8)

rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Luftwaffles

All Roller Coasters are cool so yeah, it would be cool :P
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Banya

These rides do exist.  As far as a ride consisting of a log ride on a wider expanse of water (equal to a river), they'd have to ensure that the boat wouldn't tip, tilt, turn, or stray off course, which would take away the uncontrolled aspect that makes log boat rides enjoyable.  It would be an enormous legal risk, as they'd also have to factor in every stupid thing roller coaster riders do, like dragging their arms in the water and splashing each other (I do this; we all do this.)  I would enjoy a ride like this, but then I'm not in the habit of suing amusement parks.  Sorry to rain on your roller coaster.

MeadowR

Log Flumes are fun. :D But rather scary that moment you're going upwards, upwards... ready to plunge right down and get drenched! I try and cheat and put a raincoat on for those. :P So yeah, I'm sure it would be fun.

Just re-read the post and actually I suppose it's more like the water rapids ride than the log flume where you're in a circular ride, bobbing around, getting the occasional spray of water on you.  I find most I've been on way too tame! So this Log-a-log version would probably be more thrilling.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014