News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

:AMMYY SCAM: Safety Notification

Started by Dannflower Reguba, May 19, 2015, 10:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

Thanks for the clarification, Banya!

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 20, 2015, 12:43:58 AM
I want to creep one of them out some time.

"Hello, you have problem with computer; we can-"
*Loud shaky nose breathing.* "Ooohhhhh, I ssstill remember how you ssmell. . ."
". . . W . . . What, sir?"
"Mm, don't say anything. . . I'll at your home tonight." *Click.*

I would be scared.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Gonff the Mousethief

I get calls like this all the time, but I'm to lazy to answer my phone, so yeah. 'Guess it paid off one way or another.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Faiyloe

I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Skarzs

It's like an hourglass: when one side is full of sand, the other is devoid of it. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

I got a call from a 801 area code, but it said that it was from Odgen, Utah. Whatever, I let it go to voicemail because I couldn't handle it then anyway.

I'm retired from the forum

BadgerLordFiredrake

it's probably mean, but ever trolled one?  :P  I haven't but I've seen some pretty good stories...
And yeah, 801 is SLC area (including Ogden, Roy, etc).  Can confirm.
baby turtle forever

Eulaliaaa!

What you could do (I've not gotten any calls, so I can't do this) is pretend you don't know how to work your computer. You could say stuff like like, "Oh darn, it's asking for my password, give me just a second, I'll need to remember it." Or "how do I turn it on? Is there a button or something?". You could also say, "It's loading, I'll need a few minutes." Then just read a book for as long as they'll wait  ;D
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Dannflower Reguba

Or you could just say, "I have to check something, be back in a minute," and leave the phone on, but just go do whatever.  ::) Then come back like, every 10 minutes to see if they're still there.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Søren

I got another call yesterday. Ignored it though.

I'm retired from the forum