The Hobbit Series: WARNING: SPOILERS!!!

Started by Morgazath, June 02, 2015, 01:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which was your favorite of the Hobbit series?

An Unexpected Journey
The Desolation of Smaug
The Battle of Five Armies

Morgazath

Okay, I just finished the Hobbit series, and I loved them. Although, I think they shouldn't have changed things too much and added to many things.

1. Azog the Defiler wasn't even an orc. He was a goblin who was mentioned only once in the book.
2. Tauriel and Legolas. Really? Legolas wasn't even in the book along with Tauriel.
3. There were no wereworms.
4. The animation was so cheesy, (Even though I thought it was cool.) they tried to get too fancy.
5. When Lady Galadriel banished Sauron and when Sauramon (However his name is spelled.) said to leave Sauron to him. They all thought Sauron was gone and they were all surprised when he came back in Lord of the Rings.
"The power of darkness is mine. At last I am free to reign destruction as I please. This world will be consumed, and you will be crushed. I am Mozaru, Lord of Night and Shadow." -Excerpt from The Chronicles of Light and Darkness. (A book I'm writing.)

Gonff the Mousethief

I loved the Hobbits. Yes, some of it did look fake and something's weren't in the book, it's a movie: You have to take liberties.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Morgazath

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on June 02, 2015, 01:39:59 AM
I loved the Hobbits. Yes, some of it did look fake and something's weren't in the book, it's a movie: You have to take liberties.
I know, but it bothers me.
"The power of darkness is mine. At last I am free to reign destruction as I please. This world will be consumed, and you will be crushed. I am Mozaru, Lord of Night and Shadow." -Excerpt from The Chronicles of Light and Darkness. (A book I'm writing.)

Izeroth

Quote from: Morgazath on June 02, 2015, 01:33:47 AM
Okay, I just finished the Hobbit series, and I loved them. Although, I think they shouldn't have changed things too much and added to many things.

1. Azog the Defiler wasn't even an orc. He was a goblin who was mentioned only once in the book.

Goblins and orcs are actually the same thing. Tolkien said that they were just different words describing the same race.

Gonff the Mousethief

However, I did like the thing with Thorin and Azog. Gave the movies much more reason for the battle than "Its just a stronghold". Also, the Wereworm logic was so bizarre. They came out of the earth, than had the armies right behind them. Where were the wereworms?
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Izeroth

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on June 02, 2015, 03:48:34 AM
However, I did like the thing with Thorin and Azog. Gave the movies much more reason for the battle than "Its just a stronghold". Also, the Wereworm logic was so bizarre. They came out of the earth, than had the armies right behind them. Where were the wereworms?

In the books, the goblins/orcs were angry because the Great Goblin died; I personally think that was reason enough for the battle. However, I do see how the Thorin/Azog rivalry might've added to the plot.

Gonff the Mousethief

Well, it would have to carry a very far way from that part just to let that be the reason. 
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Morgazath

I don't get the fight scene with the Riders. Why were they like that? Granted they were awesome looking, but why not have the way they looked in Lord of the Rings? Frodo could only see their true form when he had the ring on.

Jetthebinturong

Because they were still just ghosts in the Hobbit films and did not need to disguise themselves. That's all the cloaks are, a disguise.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Lady Ashenwyte

I think Beorn should have played a bigger part in BotFa. He only featured briefly in the movies, while in teh book, he kills Bolg.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.