News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra

Started by Banya, December 10, 2015, 01:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banya

This thread is for fans of ATLA and LoK to discuss events, characters, and more.  Please include spoilers for plot details.

Lady Ashenwyte

I honestly think Season 3 LoK is the best one so far. (I haven't seen past Ep 1 of Season 4). Character development, villains more "human" than before, make it a very good season.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Kitsune

I do not know anything about either of these... would you recommend watching or reading them?

Banya

I highly recommend watching ATLA.  It's three seasons (sixty-one episodes) long.  Last time I watched it, I did it in three days, but I don't recommend that for everyone.  It's an American anime that's appropriate for everyone (when I first saw it, it was on Nickelodeon) and holds the viewer's interest throughout.  It's fun but does contain serious themes.  There are very good reasons why it's so incredibly popular.

Kitsune

Maudie

Legend of Korra, on the other hand, is a little more adult themed...
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Kitsune

I HAVE BINGED WATCHED THE FIRST THREE SEASONS AHHH IT IS SO GOOD

EDIT: Check that. I'm on Season 3 Episode 11 (I think?). No spoilers, or no mercy. ^ ^

My mental sanity is also questionable. As well as my emotional stability or desire to just about anything. I think I am positively unhealthy for myself to be around. :P

The Skarzs

Quote from: PluggFiretail on January 28, 2016, 03:55:23 AM
EDIT: Check that. I'm on Season 3 Episode 11 (I think?). No spoilers, or no mercy. ^ ^
The good guys win.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Kitsune

Quote from: Skarzs on January 28, 2016, 05:25:33 AM
Quote from: PluggFiretail on January 28, 2016, 03:55:23 AM
The good guys win.

Although I did expect that, you cannot defeat the binge watcher. I finished it earlier today! :D

Banya

I'm having a really hard time getting into Legend of Korra. The first season was pretty good but the conclusion was too convenient. I'm a couple episodes into the second season and the story isn't pulling me in. I want to punch everyone around Korra for treating her like a child, and I want to punch Korra for pouring her frustrations out on her friends and treating them badly.

Jetthebinturong

Korra season 2 is generally agreed by everyone to be horrible. But in a nasty twist, it's also necessary to watch not just for the series, but for the wider canon of the universe too.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Banya