viska longtooth nicest main vermin?

Started by rakkety tam, September 30, 2011, 05:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

was vizka longtooth the nicest main vermin to you?

yes
no
maybe

Skipper

He was the captin of the bloodgullet in 'Eulalia'

Dannflower Reguba

OH YEA! well glad I didn't vote YES, wish I had voted NO though.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Feles

Techniclly, foxes, ermine, wolverines, pine martens and wildcats are not vermin, rats, weasels, ferrets, stouts and Wearats are

but i vote no, but i still find Vizka to be the most awesome

what is with me and reviving old threads
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Jetthebinturong

Foxes are and ermine are just stoats in their winter coats so they are too
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rivertheotter

It's definitely Blaggut. I mean, he was so sweet to the Dibbuns, and he really didn't have any part in the killing of Mellus.
"But oh, my love, though our bodies may be parted
though our skin may not touch skin
look for me with the sun-bright sparrow
I will come on the breath of the wind"

Starla1431

Quote from: Gears on November 18, 2011, 12:36:50 AM
Gingevere wasnt a vermin, he was a cat. But my favorite and nicest villain was rasconza from pearls of lutra. He never pushed anyone around, never killed his own crew, actually i was rooting for him right alongside martin, until he killed sagitar.

He betrayed and killed Barranca.  That doesn't seem like a nice villain.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Starla1431 on February 22, 2015, 08:25:59 PM
Gingevere wasnt a vermin, he was a cat. But my favorite and nicest villain was rasconza from pearls of lutra. He never pushed anyone around, never killed his own crew, actually i was rooting for him right alongside martin, until he killed sagitar.

And what, pray tell, is wrong with killing Barranca? He was a corsair, not exactly the figurehead of upright living if you ask me, quite the opposite. Blaggut "betrayed" and slew his own captain, and I say good job to that! That was part of the reason I accepted Blaggut as a good guy, I'm not going to turn around and hold against some other beast. As far as the best goes, if I couldn't pick Blaggut, I'd have to say Swinky (that's his name right? The one from Loamhedge).

Why'd you guys have to dig this up!? THE FEELS ARE GETTING TO ME!

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Jetthebinturong

Flinky

Anyway, I preferred Barranca as a character. It seemed to me like he really wanted to spearhead the rebellion and trusted his people whereas Rasconza saw an opportunity to become more important than he was and had no qualms with killing the captain who trusted him to get it
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Starla1431

Quote from: danflorreguba on February 22, 2015, 10:15:03 PM
Quote from: Starla1431 on February 22, 2015, 08:25:59 PM

And what, pray tell, is wrong with killing Barranca? He was a corsair, not exactly the figurehead of upright living if you ask me, quite the opposite. Blaggut "betrayed" and slew his own captain, and I say good job to that! That was part of the reason I accepted Blaggut as a good guy, I'm not going to turn around and hold against some other beast. As far as the best goes, if I couldn't pick Blaggut, I'd have to say Swinky (that's his name right? The one from Loamhedge).

Why'd you guys have to dig this up!? THE FEELS ARE GETTING TO ME!

Not sure what you're getting at.  Are you saying Rasconza did good in killing his own captain in cold blood for selfish and ambitious reasons? It's not like Rasconza was any good, either. 

James Gryphon

There's a big difference between Blaggut fighting back (because he had just been attacked) and killing Cap'n Slipp to prevent him from harming others, and Rasconza murdering Barranca with a dagger in the back after the stoat embraced him as a trusted ally. Besides the fact that the two killings were both of vermin species, I'm honestly hard-pressed to say that they have anything else in common.

If all you have to say about Barranca's murder is "good on Rasconza", then you better have cheered when you found out that Romsca was mortally wounded in a mutual kill. She was a corsair too.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

Many would have (and did) voted no, and I respect that. But we must remember Vizka is a sea vermin. He kills for a living. He enjoys slaughter. I haven't read Eulalia in a long time, but Vizka didn't really show pity to anyone. When he captured Maudie and the others, he planned to dismember them, if I remember corrrectly.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Dannflower Reguba

All these annoying c names are getting me confused, I can't remember who's who. I keep wanting to think Romsca. As far as Barranca and Rasconza, I couldn't care less about either of them. You think Barranca got to be captain by playing nice? I highly doubt it. Rasconza was climbing the ladder same way Cheesethief and so many others tried, backfired on him the same way too. There will always be a difference between vermin like Romsca, and vermin like Barranca, just as there will always be a difference between vermin and woodlanders. Granted, not the same difference, but there's a large difference all the same.

Cornflower MM

I definitely say NO, he was NOT! He LAUGHED when practically killing Gorath, and a bunch of other things. Ugh. No. The only thing he cared about was his brother. That's his only redeeming quality in my opinion.  He didn't even like Cody (? Crody? Codi? WHAT THE HECK IS HIS NAME?!) all that much! He enjoyed torturing Gopraht, and basically wanted him as a pet!

Hickory

Quote from: Cornflower MM on February 23, 2015, 01:53:46 AM
I definitely say NO, he was NOT! He LAUGHED when practically killing Gorath, and a bunch of other things. Ugh. No. The only thing he cared about was his brother. That's his only redeeming quality in my opinion.  He didn't even like Cody (? Crody? Codi? WHAT THE HECK IS HIS NAME?!) all that much! He enjoyed torturing Gopraht, and basically wanted him as a pet!
Major autocorrect problem there.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Starla1431

Quote from: danflorreguba on February 23, 2015, 01:11:10 AM
       All these annoying c names are getting me confused, I can't remember who's who. I keep wanting to think Romsca. As far as Barranca and Rasconza, I couldn't care less about either of them. You think Barranca got to be captain by playing nice? I highly doubt it. Rasconza was climbing the ladder same way Cheesethief and so many others tried, backfired on him the same way too. There will always be a difference between vermin like Romsca, and vermin like Barranca, just as there will always be a difference between vermin and woodlanders. Granted, not the same difference, but there's a large difference all the same.

There isn't a big difference between Barranca and Romsca. You think Rosmca got to be captain by playing nice? Both are vermin and both did bad things in their life. The difference is Romsca made up for it by helping the Abbot and Viola. But, that doesn't excuse all the evil things she could have done. But then, we never see Barranca interacting with a woodlander as we did with Romsca. But either way, he has shown he cares about his brother and his fellow corsairs.