viska longtooth nicest main vermin?

Started by rakkety tam, September 30, 2011, 05:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

was vizka longtooth the nicest main vermin to you?

yes
no
maybe

Hickory

Quote from: Starla1431 on February 23, 2015, 02:08:30 PM
Quote from: danflorreguba on February 23, 2015, 01:11:10 AM
       All these annoying c names are getting me confused, I can't remember who's who. I keep wanting to think Romsca. As far as Barranca and Rasconza, I couldn't care less about either of them. You think Barranca got to be captain by playing nice? I highly doubt it. Rasconza was climbing the ladder same way Cheesethief and so many others tried, backfired on him the same way too. There will always be a difference between vermin like Romsca, and vermin like Barranca, just as there will always be a difference between vermin and woodlanders. Granted, not the same difference, but there's a large difference all the same.

There isn't a big difference between Barranca and Romsca. You think Rosmca got to be captain by playing nice? Both are vermin and both did bad things in their life. The difference is Romsca made up for it by helping the Abbot and Viola. But, that doesn't excuse all the evil things she could have done. But then, we never see Barranca interacting with a woodlander as we did with Romsca. But either way, he has shown he cares about his brother and his fellow corsairs.
Romsca was only captain since Conva was killed. She technically didn't do anything.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Starla1431

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on February 23, 2015, 03:13:42 PM
Quote from: Starla1431 on February 23, 2015, 02:08:30 PM
Quote from: danflorreguba on February 23, 2015, 01:11:10 AM
       All these annoying c names are getting me confused, I can't remember who's who. I keep wanting to think Romsca. As far as Barranca and Rasconza, I couldn't care less about either of them. You think Barranca got to be captain by playing nice? I highly doubt it. Rasconza was climbing the ladder same way Cheesethief and so many others tried, backfired on him the same way too. There will always be a difference between vermin like Romsca, and vermin like Barranca, just as there will always be a difference between vermin and woodlanders. Granted, not the same difference, but there's a large difference all the same.

There isn't a big difference between Barranca and Romsca. You think Rosmca got to be captain by playing nice? Both are vermin and both did bad things in their life. The difference is Romsca made up for it by helping the Abbot and Viola. But, that doesn't excuse all the evil things she could have done. But then, we never see Barranca interacting with a woodlander as we did with Romsca. But either way, he has shown he cares about his brother and his fellow corsairs.
Romsca was only captain since Conva was killed. She technically didn't do anything.

She had to do something to become Conva's first mate and then captain as soon as he died. Not just any corsair can become captain.

Dannflower Reguba

That's completely ignoring the fact that Romsca went against everything that defines vermin to help the woodlanders (my memory of this event is a little fuzzy, haven't read Pearls in a long time). Yeah, she was a corsair, and she certainly did bad things, so did every other corsair present. The difference is that Romsca at least had a shred of humanity in (it was a her right?). There were a few vermin that cared at least a little bit for their own kin, that's nothing to gloat about, it just sets them apart from the ones that would slay their own family.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Jetthebinturong

But the ones who would slay their own family are the majority
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

JangoCoolguy

Nope, not nice at all.

There were times he pretended to be congenial, but a lot of villains do that, including some who did it better.

Dippler

I'm think that the Marlfoxes were the least mean if the vermin.
There are two types of people, those who can finish sentences

Hickory

Nah. Maybe at some scenes, but not overall.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Abbess Mhera

Funnily enough, I'm re-reading Eulalia! right now and I disagree. He was nice to his own brother sometimes, but he probably only kept him alive because they were brothers. If push came to shove, he would most likely sacrifice him to save his own skin. As others have mentioned he also ruthlessly killed of some of his own crew, and let's not forget how he found out Durgy killed off Snikey.

Izeroth

As already mentioned, Vizka slew some of his own crewbeasts and threatened to eat the main characters. He doesn't even come close to the nicest main villain.

Bella

It really depends on his mood on that day.

clunylooney

Quote from: Bragoon on January 20, 2012, 08:13:32 PM
I liked him less when I read the book for a second time and realized that he was supposed to be very fat.  :P  It just ruined my old image of him.
Because he is fat? That's why you don't like him as much anymore?  :P
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

clunylooney

Quote from: Starla1431 on February 22, 2015, 11:10:51 PM
Not sure what you're getting at.  Are you saying Rasconza did good in killing his own captain in cold blood for selfish and ambitious reasons? It's not like Rasconza was any good, either.
I'm sorry that I'm being a nitpicker but Barranca was not Razconsa's captain. I know it doesn't change the fact, but Barranca was not Razconsa's captain. His captain was Slashback.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

clunylooney

Quote from: Hickory on February 23, 2015, 03:13:42 PM
She was a part of Conva's crew, which meant she helped in the mass genocide of Holt Lutra.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

clunylooney

I'm only on chapter 12 of Eulalia! and I really think Vizka did care for his brother. I know that some people think that Vizka didn't care at all about Codj dying but he even said in the book that his, "poor brudder" was dead and that Codj was better and worth more than the rest of his crew combined. I always like villains who care about a family member, at least on the inside like Barranca and Conva and Vizka and Codj. Saltar didn't really like his brother, but he still fought Gabool for revenge (and gold).
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me