News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Redwall Isn't Safe Anymore! (Is Redwall as Safe as they Say it is? Part Two)

Started by Ashleg, February 18, 2016, 09:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

One-Ear kept a stern face, but inside he was seeping with rage. The fox ignored Asher as two Vigil soldiers dragged a squirming weasel before him. One-Ear pressed his crossbow under the weasel's chin.
"Are you the leader of these vermin? What are you doing in Mossflower?"
The weasel spat at One-Ear
"None 'o your business, foxy. But fer yer infermation, I ain't the leader. They don't go out with patrols like us."
One-Ear kicked the weasel, knocking him flat. He kneeled over the cowering vermin, pressing the crossbow into his face.
"What do you mean? There are more of you? How much? TELL ME!"
The weasel shook his head.
"Not tellin'. If I tell ye any more, Fardan'll kill me. Hellgates, Alfhild'll probly kill me anyway for tellin' ye what I did!"
One-Ear's eyes were cold. He pulled the trigger of the crossbow, sending a powerful bolt straight through the weasel's brain. He stood up and kicked the body into a bush.
"What makes you think I won't..."
The fox put away the crossbow and turned back to Asher.
"What do you mean, you 'ran into some problems?'"
Charm looked up from where a Vigil Medic was checking her wound.
"He got into a fight with Bracklew. We got thrown out o' Redwall at swordpoint and told we weren't welcome there anymore."
One-Ear was frustrated. He snarled at nobeast in particular.
"Damn that squirrel! Our relations with Redwall were already stretched thin as it was, before he goes off and starts attacking creatures. Yes, Asher, go find that scum and bring him back to the Vigil, dead OR alive, I don't care. Great, now I have reparations on my plate as well. Gukom!"
A small hamster scurried up nervously. He looked over a pair of spectacles at the fox.
"Yes, One-Ear?"
"Gather your things. We're leaving for Redwall. Now."
Gukom nodded and fled the battleground, heading for the Vigil encampment. One-Ear beckoned Charm to him.
"The state you're in, I doubt you'll be coming with me. With Damien gone and Asher chasing after him, I'm leaving you in charge of the main army. Keep an eye out in case the rest of those vermin show up."
Charm nodded.
"Won't let ye down, One-Ear."
The fox smiled as Charm limped away. Gukom tugged lightly on his sleeve.
"I'm ready."
"Good, let's go."
The fox led the hamster away from the Vigil, on the path to Redwall Abbey.

Ashleg

OOC-
Meet Roscoe.
IC-
As One-Ear and the vigil members headed down the path, a short weasel wearing a tattered red cloak snickered to himself and began following them through the undergrowth.
He may have been a scrawny thing but he was hotheaded and full of himself. He also hadn't heard of the vigil, not really--due to being quite antisocial.
The weasel rubbed his paws together and drew his dagger.
He'd raid them.

With a loud yowl, he flung himself out onto the path in front of them, swinging his dagger wildly.
"Put yer paws up an' gimme yer things, or else 'tis death!"

Groddil

OOC: Only One-Ear and Gukom went down the path. Charm and the rest can still see them, though.

BIC:
One-Ear rolled his eyes.
"You never learn do you? I just finished mopping up the rest of your little band."
The fox drew his katana and forced Gukom behind him.
"You want to test me, weasel? Go ahead, stab me with that thing. When you do, you'll be defenseless. Besides, there's more of us than there are of you. VIGILAAAANCE!"
Charm emerged from the bushes, spear raised, along with twoscore Vigil soldiers.

Ashleg

The weasel, Roscoe, screamed in terror and dropped to the ground in a flurry of cloak and dagger. He hadn't expected these creatures to be warriors at all, despite how they looked.
"W-w-what'dyou mean, my little band? I'm not part of any band!"

Groddil

One-Ear reached down and grabbed Roscoe by the neck. Gukom scurried forwards and retrieved the dagger.
"Coincidence, don't you think? We just finish off a scouting party of vermin when you suddenly show up? Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you right now."

Ashleg

Roscoe started sweating.
"I, uh...'cause that'd be mean?" He narrowed his eyes and aimed to bite into the paw One-Ear had around his neck.

Groddil

One-Ear winced at the bite, cuffing Roscoe soundly over the head and sending him sprawling once again.
"Do you really think I care about that? I'm busy, but you can tell Charm all about your horde. Gukom, tie him up."
The hamster grabbed a coil of rope and approached the weasel.

Ashleg

Roscoe flinched when One-Ear cuffed him and started trembling when Gukom came to tie him up.
"I told ya, I'm not part of any band!" The weasel snapped. He turned his eyes on the hamster just then and frowned.
"And what even are ya, a fat tailless mouse?"

Groddil

One-Ear kicked Roscoe roughly, bringing him back to earth. The fox placed a footpaw on his neck, holding him down as Gukom timidly wrapped the rope around Roscoe's paws. He ran another rope around the weasel's footpaws.
One-Ear kicked Roscoe again.
"Shut up, scum. Don't insult Gukom!"
The fox signalled to a hare and a squirrel, who between them carried the bound weasel back to the Vigil Camp. One-Ear watched the rest of the Vigil begin to dissipate and spoke in a whisper to Charm.
"Find out as much as you can about these Alfhild and Fardan characters, see how much he knows about their horde. We need numbers, skills, everything. By the time I get back from Redwall, I need to know how soon they'll be here."
With that, the fox and hamster left down the path.

Charm, now back at the Vigil camp, sat Roscoe, still tied up, in One-Ear's tent with her. Two soldiers stood guard in the tent as she absentmindedly poked the fire with her spear.
"Alright, weasel. The basics. What's your name."

Ashleg

"Roscoe," said the weasel reluctantly.
"And I don't know anythin' about this horde, so you'd better let me go. Yer wastin' yer time!"

Groddil

Charm shook her head.
"Not going to happen. ALFHILD! FARDEN! Ring any bells? WHERE ARE THEY? HOW MANY OF THEM ARE THERE?"

Ashleg

"Aargh! Why're you yelling?!" Roscoe exclaimed, staring wide-eyed at Charm. "An' for the last time, I don't know! I've got no clue!"

Groddil

Charm sighed with resignation.
"Fine, you ain't part o' the horde. Still, you have to know somethin'. You saw the battle ground as we came here. Those rats, seen 'em before?"

Ashleg

Roscoe shrugged defensively and began trying to wriggle his way out of the ropes that bound him while he explained. "Y-yeah, well, I figured they were just rats, y'know? Just rats. There are rats everywhere. They ne'er really stood out t' me at all before, except fer one time when I tried t' raid a couple of 'em...I got pounded, couldn't see outta my right eye fer weeks. But that's not th' point, 's it?"

Groddil

"How about big groups o' rats. Not just rats, but ferrets, stoats, all manner of vermin. Seen any big groups movin' around lately?"