News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The person below me

Started by The Lady Shael, June 22, 2011, 10:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatho Shellhound

I have not.  

TPBM got the Mobile Orchestra CD on July 7th and has been listening to it over and over again?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Norham Waterpaw

No... I don't listen to him much. Please nobody kill me.  :P

@Rain: It's a story about a street boy in Victorian London who helps a man out. It sounds really boring like that, but the story is one of a kind, found in no other book. It's a movie in a book. You'd have to read it to know what I mean. 

TPBM listens to music quite a bit
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Rainshadow

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!!  You must be joking.  MUSIC IS MY LIFE!

Sounds cool!  I might just check it out after I finish Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:)

TPBM doesn't really like fireworks.  (I have a nasty problem with fireworks, especially when they're being set off near to me, so naturally I had a really bad 4th of July.  Most of my evening was spent outside, curled up in a ball in my chair, with my head hidden in my shirt and my hands over my ears to try and block out the noise and brightness of all the fireworks my brother and dad were setting off.  It got bad enough at one point that I was actually crying a little and was shaking pretty violently.  My mom let me go inside at that point.  :P  Ahhh, fireworks.  What would we do without them?)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

I kinda do, but my mom's health isn't good so I couldn't go out to see them.

TPBM Needs to take a shower before church?

click the banner

Rainshadow

I always do, 'cause I'm very self-conscious and I have terrifying bedhead.  ;)

TPBM has terrifying bedhead.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

Some day yes, other days it makes it look better.

TPBM is  doing the sunday school announcements tomorrow?

click the banner

Rainshadow

Thankfully, no.  I'm terrible at speaking in general.  :P

TPBM doesn't enjoy going to orientations.  (My church had its VBS volunteer orientation meeting thing this morning and I was half-sleeping through the entire thing.  None of the meeting pertained to me, so there was really no point in me being there except to get my volunteer T-shirt.  I didn't even find out where I was meeting the other people in my section on Monday.  :P)

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on July 12, 2015, 04:07:05 AM
@Rain: It's a story about a street boy in Victorian London who helps a man out. It sounds really boring like that, but the story is one of a kind, found in no other book. It's a movie in a book. You'd have to read it to know what I mean.
The movie adaptation is called Hugo, right?  'Cause I've seen the movie, but never read the book.

I've never been to an orientation.

TPBM hates the pop-type worship songs that seem to have come in vogue in most churches these days.  (Thankfully, our church sings mostly traditional hymns and only has a piano.)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Mhera

I wouldn't say I hate them, but I definitely prefer traditional hymns in church.

TPBM loves going to bookstores.

Skyblade

Absolutely.

TPBM is tired.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Jukka the Sling

True.

Quote from: Mhera on July 12, 2015, 11:23:06 PM
I wouldn't say I hate them, but I definitely prefer traditional hymns in church.
Yeah, some are okay, but most just strike me as being inappropriate for church.

TPBM can't live without books.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

James Gryphon

It wouldn't be pleasant, but I could live without them.

(I'm not against newer songs in church. Just because a song is new doesn't mean that it's bad. That said, there's a big difference between modern Christian worship and Christian contemporary. I'm honestly not exactly sure what it is, but for the most part, I know it when I hear it. There are a lot of songs I enjoy listening to day-to-day that I'd cringe if I ever heard them over church speakers.

If anybody ever drafts you to lead a worship service, though, and you can't tell if a newer song is appropriate, just run a hymn. You can't go wrong with any of them.)

The person below me has no game console anywhere in the house.
« Subject to editing »

Mhera

Fewer. Definitely fewer :P

(I'm not against new songs or any particular style of music; my deal is that so many of the newer lyrics in worship songs seem shallow compared to traditional hymns. That's not to say there aren't any really solid contemporary songs or lukewarm traditional hymns, but it's the general pattern I've observed.

Still, I also get that lyrics aren't everything. I listen to a fair amount of Christian rap/hip hop; some of the verses are incredibly good, but I would never want to see those songs listed in the bulletin :P

And thanks for the tip :) )

TPBM enjoys cutting up watermelon.

rrrrr

Not really.

The Person Below Me likes to clap their hands for no reason at all.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Russa Nodrey

Nope.

TPBM is wearing pajamas.
Freddy