News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Pokèmon GO!

Started by Aimless Gallivanter, July 08, 2016, 04:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Ya think?

My cousin K got this game exactly one week ago. . . . We were at the zoo that day. She ended up wandering around the zoo with her face stuck in her phone until it died. At least my other cousin had the decency only to put his phone away near the animals.

Gonff the Mousethief

Everyone I know is obsessed with this game, as well as I. There is this place right by my house with a gym and 6 Pokestops. I have a well supply of everything.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Captain Tammo

I played this game a lot when it came out but have started falling out of it. I'm on a college campus so there are pokemon superfans everywhere running around with crazy good pokemon. There was a level 10 red gym I found on campus that had 10 pokemon all above CP 2,500 and the top three were all CP 3,000+ Dragonites. Like how?! I'm on team yellow and my best pokemon is just barely CP 1,000. I'd get crushed!!! lol

So yeah, I haven't played in a few days.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Banya

I downloaded the game to my work phone, so I can only play while I'm working and only in and around the building. I allowed my coworkers to use the account to catch Pokemon and incubate my eggs (oh that sounds weird), and they used up all my Pokeballs. >:( It was fun for a while, though it was addicting and distracting, but my experience is like Leo's: my college campus is a hotspot of activity with numerous gyms in the area being defended by a lineup of 2000+ CP Pokemon. I have a 600+ CP Pidgeotto??

I'm Team Instinct and have a lot of yellow pride. My starter was a Bulbasaur. I'm a Pisces; is that chart supposed to be opposite? Also, I name all of my Pokemon after anime characters whose names start with the same letter or fit the Pokemon.

Jetthebinturong

Not specifically related to Pokémon GO but I'm going to start naming all of my Pokémon after book characters - mostly my own characters because I'm arrogant like that. I've assigned Pokémon to most of the main cast of BR (plus several minor characters).
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Hickory

Quote from: Banya on August 30, 2016, 02:41:54 PM
I downloaded the game to my work phone, so I can only play while I'm working and only in and around the building. I allowed my coworkers to use the account to catch Pokemon and incubate my eggs (oh that sounds weird), and they used up all my Pokeballs. >:( It was fun for a while, though it was addicting and distracting, but my experience is like Leo's: my college campus is a hotspot of activity with numerous gyms in the area being defended by a lineup of 2000+ CP Pokemon. I have a 600+ CP Pidgeotto??

I'm Team Instinct and have a lot of yellow pride. My starter was a Bulbasaur. I'm a Pisces; is that chart supposed to be opposite? Also, I name all of my Pokemon after anime characters whose names start with the same letter or fit the Pokemon.
Work phone...?

I kind of forgot where you work.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Banya

Quote from: Sagetip on August 30, 2016, 03:13:53 PM
Quote from: Banya on August 30, 2016, 02:41:54 PM

Work phone...?

I kind of forgot where you work.
I work in the student union at my university; it's the largest and busiest building on campus. I'm one of the building managers. The manager on duty carries a phone with them for external calls (and catching Pokemon), in addition to their radio for internal calls. The phone they bought for us is a Samsung Galaxy Note5, which is a really nice one.

Quote from: Kitsune on August 30, 2016, 03:30:36 PM
Quote from: Lord Ashenwyte on August 30, 2016, 03:28:04 PM
TeamMystic4lyf

4evr
Sellouts

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg