Crews of the Open Breeze RP

Started by Gonff the Mousethief, July 11, 2016, 05:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

OOC:  ;D

IC:

"Ahoy there Cap'n," Alfonso called as Marshall exited his cabin. The ferret was drenched in seawater which was collecting in a puddle around his footpaws. His blonde fur was sticking to his skin making him look much smaller then usual, and a length of fishing net was tangled in his paws. "Nice to see ye up n' about so early in th' morn eh. Say, H'I found this net tangled on th' rudder on me morning swim, must have caught it when we was bouncing around last night."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Longclaw quickly woke up from where he had been lightly dozing on the wheel. Hurriedly making it look like he had been awake for the entire time, he threw the wheel back on course. "Mornin' Cap'n," he said, working his jaw up to wakefulness. "What kept ye in be- your cabin so long, aye?"
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall took the fishing net from the soaked Alfonso, and looked over it carefully.
"Say, b'there any other types o' these things anywhere? Or was it just this?" The blue fox paused for a bit, and looked carefully at the knots. "Well, I can tell y'this ain't b'one o' ours. Me knots never have this type o' tie. Could there be another ship close by who b'wrecked from that storm?" Marshall hoped that's all it was. He hoped the were not off course and headed towards another port city. This thought of being on track turned his attention to Longclaw who had given a rather idiotic comment.
"Thinkin' o' ways how t'introduce y't'those waves an' w'ever beast b'lying 'neath it!" He gave a long toothy grin to the steersbeast.
"'Fore I do, so are we on course? Not too far off I b'hopin'."
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Hickory

Longclaw quickly turned his grimace into a grin. "Aye Cap'n, there were some strong breezes but I kept us towards our destination."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall patted the back of Longclaw. "Sounds mighty fine, Longclaw! Y'can go an' fetch whoever y'like t'replace y'in a bit. I'll b'guessin' that 'tis my turn t'steer once more since my lil' bit o' sleep, eh?" The fox winked at him and started up the to the wheel deck. He didn't realize how only a few stairs could really put a beast back a bit.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

LT Sandpaw

OOC:

@Gonff the Mousethief   hey brother, any chance of continuing this? I have the itch to do some pirate roleplaying and this is my best bet beyond staring a new RP. If you want to just let it die that's cool too.

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC: Sure, I would love to bring this RP @LT Sandpaw. If you remember your role well enough you can go ahead and start posting and I'll see if anyone else wants to join again.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Alright, awesome. I dunno how many others will be willing to continue, and seeing as Fatch and a few other members have become somewhat inactive, a few ships might disappear, but we could continue with the original ship.
@Eulaliaaa!   @BatLord  @Fatch of Southsward
IC:

Standing at the prow of the Blu Tail Alfonso shaded his eyes, scanning the horizon in a single slow sweep. A few clouds floated overhead, but the sky was notably absent of seabirds. Frowning a bit the blonde ferret turned and climbed the wheel deck joining Marshall. The first mate didn't often wear a look of concern, but at that moment he did.

"Wot's the heading Cap'n?" He asked as he lounged against the foreword railing so that the two could talk comfortably. He feigned an attitude of non-concern, but perhaps the observant fox would catch on anyway. "We ought to be a few miles off o' the Can'gul shoals right? Travellin' a touch southwest towards the Fire's Agony isles if I ain't mistaken?"

Groddil

Filthface had grown tired of waiting in the fo'c'sle of the wrecked pirate vessel. He pulled the door door open, causing water to rush into the crew quarters. The marten took a deep breath and dived into the ocean.

<\V/>

Verenya Haresbane and her crew had spent the better part of a day making their way down from the sheer hilltop, towards the lagoon. The former ship captain led the uncertain crew towards the colossal vessel, Blackfang kicking them ahead from behind. The mate made sure to crowd himself into the center of the crew, still fearfully watching the trees for signs of the rat tribe. When it became clear that they were not being pursued, he let out a sigh of relief. As the vermin reached the bottom of the hill, Verenya held up a paw. The crew crawled to a stop, wondering what was going on. The vixen cupped her paws to her mouth and started to walk towards the shores of the lagoon.
"King of all Oceans! I, Verenya Haresbane, request an audience!"
Several heads popped over the massive ship's railing. One of them pointed at the vixen, and another nodded. A few seconds later, a small rowboat began to make its way across the waters. Verenya smiled, half triumphantly, and half to hide the anticipation.

Gonff the Mousethief

Still in a merciless pain, and his eyes sore from the volleys of salt pouring in from the past night's escapade, Marshall nodded with his focus jumping from his first mate and the wheel.
"Aye Alf, th'b'how I planned it. Shouldn't take us more than a few days t'reach it. From there, hit up a couple o'those port cities 'n we b'off to his here treasure! Say, how b'the rest o' the crew from last night? Ruffed their hides yes?"

The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

LT Sandpaw

Aye, a few o' the greenies lost their supper. There's nothin' better then a good storm to give 'em their sealegs." Alfonso said closing his eyes and enjoying the breeze in his fur. "I didn' come up here for that sort o' talk Cap'n, we might got ourselves a problem. Between the islands o' Fire's Agony n' the Can'gul shoals there are dangerous reefs if'n I remember correctly." The ferret twisted around so he could see the blue water the surrounded them.

"If we were blown off course, as much as I suspect, we could catch our hull on a bit o' coral, an ye know wot happens then." Every sailor worth their salt knew how dangerous reefs could be. Even highly skilled captains avoided the jagged, and ancient coral. A sinking vessel was a sure way to die, either being eaten by a predatory fish or drowning in the depths of the ocean neither of which were particularly pleasant ways to go.
"'Member that net I pulled off o' our rudder? I'm thinking another ship might 'ave been caught out here, an wrecked on the reefs."

Gonff the Mousethief

"Hmm, something t'greatly consider. I d'suppose that we can take it down more t'avoid goin' all the way between the two. Say, y'wanna take over a bit? I feel I should go b'checkin' on me ship a bit after that storm we hauled through."
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Seems like it might be just us two, and maybe Groddil. So you wanna just keep going as a semi-private RP?

IC:

"Aye will do, shove o'er Cap'n." Alfonso grunted with a impish grin, stepping up to take the wheel from Marshall. He was pushing his boundaries, but pushing boundaries was something Alfonso did on a regular basis. Granted, the ferret would never allow flak like that from anyone else, directed towards himself or the captain.

"Ye might want to take a gander at the prow railin', ol' Galnbur was telling me they seemed a bit shaky. Granted that seadog thinks e'erything is shaky. Haha."

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC: Okay, that seems like a good idea. If Groddil's okay with it I think we can do it.

BIC:

Marshall gave a very a mild grin while listening to the ferret. He was trying to conceal his injury as much as possible. Then the idea popped into his head after hearing about the shaky rails.
"Aye Alf, I'll b'checkin' it out. Say, 'fore I go, did y'see a smaller mole down there last night? Wears this, oh what was it, some kind o' hood 'n tunic with these big ol' belts holdin' it up? I need t'talk t'him."
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

LT Sandpaw

"Eh mole?" Alfonso questioned, raising one eyebrow in concern. "M'fraid I didn' know of any moles onboard, an' that's sayin' soething cause I know everyone that's on board. Why th' blast there'd be a mole runnin' about on yer ship is beyond me, unless ye let him on yeself Cap'n. An' its stranger if ye think about it, moles ain't th' kind o' creatures that generally enjoy sailing."